Is the stainless Blackhawk in 327 to return??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

louiethelump

Buckeye
The 8 shot 5.5" ss Blackhawk did not last long when it came out. Now I see new versions of other 327 guns popping up like fleas on a dog. Are there plans to re-introduce the Blackhawk SS in 327?

Or, should I shop around and buy one of the originals?

Joe S.

Hunter
We can only hope.

What I would LOVE to see is a flat top frame with 7 or 8 rounds of 327. In blued...

Hondo44

Hawkeye
There could be a couple of clean-up 327 large frames coming out of Ruger.
Could be a special order distributor exclusive.
If we see a Ruger regular production run again I suspect it'll be on the mid frame.
The large frame was a negative in the market place.

louiethelump

Buckeye
After years of seeing none, three showed up on Gunbroker at about the same time. I thought maybe they were being re-introduced and collectors were dumping them at collector prices before availability killed the market. One I was watching sold for less than 800 dollars.

hittman

Staff member
hittman said:
I saw a new one at a local pawn shop earlier today.

I was wrong about this! ^ :oops:
Went back to double check today and it is a Single Seven, 7.5 inch.

wdr2

Bearcat
How about a Mid-Frame Bisley, Stainless, offered in 5.5 & 7.5in barrel lengths with both 327 & 32-20 cylinders? Please make one Ruger.

dad45

Single-Sixer
wdr2 said:
How about a Mid-Frame Bisley, Stainless, offered in 5.5 & 7.5in barrel lengths with both 327 & 32-20 cylinders? Please make one Ruger.

Oh steller idea!! I would want mid frame Bisley as you said but flat top 5.5" like the 44spcls

Don Lovel

Hunter
When they first came out I looked into having Hamilton Bowen build a birdshead 8 shot with 3 1/2" barrel in 327 Mag.I was going to make a real upscale John Westly Hardin or Doc Holliday shoulder holster, fancy setup with a high polish custom Blackhawk. But Mr Bowen informed me that Powers Custom wanted to charge him $2500 to make jig and production to make the birdshead grip frames that would work with the 8 shot action.
Project abandoned but Hamilton did say if grip frames became available before Ruger discontinued making the 8 shot revolvers we could talk about it then and be real on pricing for his work

louiethelump

Buckeye
I think/thought that all the birdshead grip frames were the same, and would fit any of the guns. The "8 shot frame" is just a full size Blackhawk, and I think takes the same grip frame as all of them, available from Midway for around $100. I have one sitting in my things to do box waiting to be fitted to one of my guns. (Not 100% sure which one) Are you saying it will not fit a Blackhawk? If that is the case, what is Ruger putting on the 44 Magnum birdshead Vaqueros that are built (they say) on the "full sized frame"?

Don Lovel

Hunter
I defer to what Hamilton Bowen told me about the 8 shot Blackhawks. He said he would have to have Powers Custom in Gravois Mills Missouri tool up and make them for him because the others for regular Vaquero frames would not work

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Don,

Maybe Bowen doesn't know that Birdshead grip frames are like all Ruger GFs, they work on every model frame size from 22 to 44 Mag.

Or do you mean Bowen thinks the birdshead grip frames would not work because of the 327 8 shot action/cylinder?

I can't imagine what an 8 shot cylinder/action has to do with the grip frame. There's no interface of action parts with the grip frame.

Single 10s, single 9s and 327 Mag single 7s all use the same grip frames whether standard plow handle, Super BH Dragoon grip, or birdshead.