Anniversary Flattop question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rmc25

Single-Sixer
Talking about a consecutive pair of 357 Anniversary flattops (3xx)
and
consecutive pair Anniversary 357 (7xx)
consecutive pair Anniversary 44 (7xx)

The latter four are also consecutive to each other: 357 (7xx) and 44 (7xx)

All are NIB

yes, NORMALLY , there is a premium on any 3 digit guns, as well as a 'premium' on consecutive numbered guns also

Just how much??? good question, and very subjective...I recall years ago, on the old models the consecutive premium was like 50% of the value of another (third) gun??? does this hold true today???? like said above, more important to most of the folks is if its consecutive to something they already have, and then its what I like to call the " the pucker factor"....just how bad does someone want or need it...........
I remember back in the mid 2006 or so, there was an offer of a "matched pair" of BOTH the 357 mag and the 44 mag in a glass case. BUT they closed them out and sold VERY cheap, under a $1000 for the 'set'....had a couple of them and they were TOUGH sells......most of the 50th anniversary (1999,2003, 2005 and 2006 closed out cheap) :roll:

Good luck bottom line ,go retail, and add the 50%...run it up the flagpole and see who salutes 8) :wink:

The problem (IMO) are the numbers of guns produced, because people saw them going up dramatically and as an investment. Truth is, for the most part, people that wanted them bought them when they first came out. Yeah a few might have wished they had gotten them but over the years they have had plenty of opportunities to buy, if they wanted them. I believe it will be a hard sell unless you are next to someone elses number. Then there won't be much of a bump. The question is, will that continue to be the case??? I think at some point (way down the line) they may have a little premium IF they catch interest by the young folks coming up. That, is a big IF.

We have observed some quite interesting deals consummated here over the years concerning consecutive numbers, some resulting in five or six gun "straights" in low numbers. Fun to watch.