Got this Speed Six for Christmas

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bvd1

Single-Sixer
I worked as a carpenter and retired last year. I have been helping a good friend with some projects on his house and will not accept any pay since I enjoy doing it and it keeps me busy. He bought this years ago and gave it to me for Christmas since he knows I like the six series. Just need to get to an FFL to do the transfer and he said he will pay the transfer fee. Ruger catalog number GS 82, .38 special only in excellent condition with original box and papers.

bvd1

Single-Sixer
Can't transfer a handgun in Pa. without a background check and must be transfered through an FFL or Sheriff. I believe this is the case in most states.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
bvd1 said:
Just curious, why?

Can't transfer a handgun in Pa. without a background check and must be transfered through an FFL or Sheriff. I believe this is the case in most states.
That's certainly correct in PA and I also think it's true nearly everywhere else for handguns. Here, long guns can be transferred face-to-face with no FFL requirement.

The only non-FFL handgun transfer I believe you can make legally is parent to child and probably spouse to spouse.

pisgah

Buckeye
bvd1 said:

That's a shame. Face-to-face, in-state transfers between those legal to own guns are still legal here in SC.

pisgah said:
bvd1 said:

That's a shame. Face-to-face, in-state transfers between those legal to own guns are still legal here in SC.

. . . and in Kentucky.

:mrgreen:

hittman

Staff member
Hey good for you! Those are my favorite of the Six Series. Lord knows you'll never wear it out and that one looks mighty new.

bvd1 said:
I worked as a carpenter and retired last year. I have been helping a good friend with some projects on his house and will not accept any pay since I enjoy doing it and it keeps me busy. He bought this years ago and gave it to me for Christmas since he knows I like the six series. Just need to get to an FFL to do the transfer and he said he will pay the transfer fee. Ruger catalog number GS 82, .38 special only in excellent condition with original box and papers.

Why don't you just ship it to me and then when you and your friend have a chance to come up to State College I'll do the transfer and BGC for you :D :D :D

Sugar River

Buckeye
bvd1 said:

Definitely NOT the case in most states, including here in Florida.

41-44-45-48

Single-Sixer
Interestingly enough, ftf transfers are still legal in IL of all places. You have to use the online portal thing to validate the buyers FOID card but you don't need an FFL to perform the transfer.

Latest posts