New Bisley Talo - Turnbull Case Colors

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mrbumps

Blackhawk
Picked this up at my FFL today. I guess it's a Talo exclusive. Bisley, 45 LC, 5.5" barrel, Blue with Turnbull Case Color. Has the Turnbull "bull" on the bottom of frame just forward the trigger guard. Serial Numbers start with TBB prefix. Fit and finish is nice, with he exception of the grips, which are way too small for the frame, but that seems to be the norm these days. Cylinder throats are approx. .4515 Trigger pull is surprisingly creep free. Breaks clean at just under 4 1/2 lbs. The hammer is stainless, which I find distracting, but plan to replace that with a Powers Custom Hammer/Trigger Kit.

TBB_1.jpg

TBB_2.jpg

TBB_3.jpg

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
That is a beautiful gun. Congratulations.
I notice there is also a Super Blackhawk Turnbull 7.5" in 44 magnum.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=0819&index=2&mfg=Ruger&mdl=All&cat=1&type=Revolver%3a+Single+Action&cal=44M&fin=&sit=&pid=&inv=

mlazarus5388

Single-Sixer
Beautiful revolver and it might be a current best buy if one is looking for a 45 Colt. The case coloring alone is in excess of $250 or so. I also like the un-fluted cylinder. Does anyone know if this will handle Buffalo Bore's +P 45 Colt ammo? I suspect it will but would like confirmation.

maxima2

Bearcat
That's a fine looking gun.

-----------------

It breaks my heart to see Ruger sending guns out with such poorly fitting grips though.

They should get that issue fixed permanently before sending out any more revolvers.

What a shame.

Nice!
I gotta agree with you about it needing a blued hammer.
I'd change out the grip retaining hardware to something dark also.
Pictures like these make me want to buy a single action.....
Dave

CraigC

Hawkeye
Let's also not forget that this is the first blued large frame .45Colt Bisley they've ever produced with a barrel length other than 7½". Out the door for $220 over a standard blued 7½" makes it awfully tempting. I'd also have to do something about the hammer and the Power Custom half cock kit would be a great addition.

maxima2 said:
It breaks my heart to see Ruger sending guns out with such poorly fitting grips though.

They should get that issue fixed permanently before sending out any more revolvers.

What a shame.
Ruger has been shipping single actions with crappy-fitting grips for 60yrs, why change now?

jbntx

Single-Sixer
Are these a special run in limited numbers, or are they going to be available in enough quantity that anyone can get one?

mrbumps

Blackhawk
jbntx said:
Are these a special run in limited numbers, or are they going to be available in enough quantity that anyone can get one?

The top of the box has a label that says "1 of 500".

It's a Talo gun, so any Talo distributor could have them. My FFL said he got this one from Zanders. I also noticed Buds had them in stock yesterday.

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
I'm glad to see the cylinder without the cheesy roll mark. Always wishing for more, but I too would've liked a case hardened hammer as well as a pinned front sight blade. I have nearly the same gun sans color cased frame. Had a Bisley shortened to 5.5" before I ever fired a shot from it nearly 25 years ago.

I may need to sell a Bisley 480 if these 45's are available.

Dan

jbntx

Single-Sixer
mrbumps said:
jbntx said:

I also noticed Buds had them in stock yesterday.

Thank You for the tip.

I just bought one from Bud's.
I can't afford it, but life's too short to waste money on food, bills and house payments.

BigBlue

Single-Sixer
jbntx said:
I just bought one from Bud's.
I can't afford it, but life's too short to waste money on food, bills and house payments.

Isn't that the truth! I feel like a little boy again looking in the toy shop window.