First ever S&W Historical letter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
First time I've ever spent the $75 for a letter. Surprised at how much detail they go into.

FKmF4uL.jpg

hKQcMfD.jpg

El9IENs.jpg

....and THAT is HOW, and the way, any factory letter should be,,,,glad Roy is still around and doing the fine job he has been, I've known Mr Jinks since I got in the gun business in the late 60's...would love to know, learn 5% of what he has forgotten............. 8) :roll: :wink:

(nice .44 HE by the way........)

bogus bill

Hunter
$298.72 in today's money. Thats a fine gun. I have a similar HD I had found a barrel for in .44 special and had it converted back in the late 1980`s. S&W is cheaper than colts to letter. That may be a SW lawman's gun. They loved that model back then. I must like 44 specials. I have accumulated seven of them. Four various smiths, two colt saa`s and a ruger.

hittman

Staff member
Thanks Dan ...... the pics make the gun look a little better than is actually is. Of course, it is 90 years old now. Clearly it's been re-nickeled at some point and there's a few hiccups and bruises on it. Mechanically it's in great shape though.

Valmet

Single-Sixer
They'd better go into detail for $75! I always love when my s&W letters arrive, kinda like Xmas but the prices of the letters themselves seem to be increasing like postage. Roy's letters are in high demand

mrbumps

Blackhawk
Very nice. I just received my first letter from S&W myself on a Pre-War 22/32 Kit Gun I found. I was also surprised at the detail, and how fast they turned it around. I had the letter within two weeks of mailing the request.

Latest posts