Kimber K6 3 inch

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ugly Hombre

Blackhawk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBWvYZMog8s

Saw a Kimber K6 with a two inch barrel the other day - its seemed first rate to me.

Just found out they are making a three inch version.. That would be the ticket imo.

Be very tempted to shell out the money if I run onto one.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
I have a Kimber or two, and they make good equipment. My main
objection would be the caliber. Specifically, the "fury" when you touch
off a round. I have a Security Six in three inch (excuse me, 2-15/16ths),
and as I said, the fury is more than perceptible.

If that doesn't bother you, I believe it would be a fine gun to have. :wink:

Ugly Hombre

Blackhawk
Thanks Pat- I thought so to- build quality on the one I got to look at was dang good.

http://content.osagecountyguns.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/k/i/kimber-k6s-stainless-3in-3400011-01.jpg

I would mostly shot 38 Spec +P in it if I got one, yep- 357 in a 3 inch K6 would bark and buck a bit!

Cholo

Staff member
They're handsome revolvers, but I don't think they look good with the 3" bbl. It's just too much ugly. I believe if they re-shaped it with flat sides, like their cylinder, it would look better. The trigger on the one I tried felt lighter than Kimber said it was. Nice! :)

I was very skeptical of these when they were introduced. Rather odd looking and I'm in the "Kimber _used_ to make good guns" crowd. With the reservation that I haven't actually shot one... I got to spend some time examining and dry firing one with the laser grips at a gun store... I was very, very impressed. The trigger pull was outstanding. I've fired thousands and thousands of DA rounds through various vintage S&W's... their triggers feel nothing like this one. It doesn't even really feel like a revolver trigger at the release. The actual "snap" of the release feels more like the release on a Walther PPQ. Easy to see sights, great size, enough weight to do the job. Really my only objection (besides price) was that I would prefer a bit more than a 2" barrel. 3" might just make it for me.

I agree they are funny looking. Not as funny looking as a Rhino. And the LCR is rather odd looking by conventional standards, after all. But it seems like a great design and well made. If I was standing there with a spare grand in my pocket and the three inch with laser grips was available... I might well pick one up.

Ugly Hombre

Blackhawk
Thanks guys- if I run into a 3 inch barreled K6 I will try to buy it.

It seems ugly to a lot of people but not to me- seems functional looking and cool to me-

No accounting for taste ha ha!

I will tell the lady at the LGS to try to get one in- see what happens. They have sales and promotional discounts sometimes so may be able to get the price down if lucky.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/07/11/kimber-k6s-3-inch/

The Kimbers are allowed in the state by the Prog/Commie ruling Borg- at least the 2 incher's are.

The new Colt DS is not :(

mlazarus5388

Single-Sixer
I recently got the 2 inch model. Recoil with 357 is very manageable. I enjoy shooting it in that caliber. 38 special is an absolute joy to shoot . The quality is heads above the J Frame. Fantastic trigger. And it's a 6 shot.

GunsAmerica just put up a review of the 3 inch model..

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/3-inch-6-shot-magnum-ultimate-compact-wheelgun-kimber-k6s/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20171127_BlogDigest_253&utm_campaign=/blog/3-inch-6-shot-magnum-ultimate-compact-wheelgun-kimber-k6s/