Gunleather for Single Six's - what would you like to see?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Triggernosis

Single-Sixer
I'm a leatherworker and have begun branching out into making holsters for handguns. What kinds/styles of holsters would you guys like to see made for the Single Six?
I typically carry mine in a shoulder holster that I made that's similar to the old Bianchi X-15.
What do you guys prefer?

Just for the cool factor, I'd like to see a horizontal cross draw. I know it would not ride all that close to the body, but I've seen a few horizontals and just like the look. I'd where it just to the side of the stomach midline.

But here's one I'm actually looking for. A horizontal cross draw for my NAA .22mag revolver. I've seen them for derringers but haven't found one for the minis.

onehandgunner

Single-Sixer
I have been a fan of Bianchi's #1 Lawman, not the L, since the late 70's. I have them for both Single Six and SBH's in the 5.5" length. What I would like to see is the same pattern with a closed end , even a toe plug would work, in a 12oz to 13oz for Blackhawk frames and 10oz for the Single Six frame.

single action

Single-Sixer
I ride a lot of four wheelers and UTV's liked the old cavalry style like bianchi and others made for Ruger back in the day. It protects the gun but is inconvenient on the waist. A cross draw with a flap might be interesting.
Another item i would like to see is something for a winchester/marlin that could be held on the back (scabbard) that you could draw over your shoulder. I know this isn't a handgun, still like to see it. Bob

hittman

Staff member
This is cool. I don't know anything about it. No markings on it. Came with a gun I bought. I'm left handed so can't use it but .... there's still some kinda cool factor to it.

OP78HCi.jpg

Acorn

Buckeye
hittman said:
This is cool. I don't know anything about it. No markings on it. Came with a gun I bought. I'm left handed so can't use it but .... there's still some kinda cool factor to it.

OP78HCi.jpg

That is cool!
Wanna sell it? :p

Spencer

Single-Sixer
Acorn said:
hittman said:

OP78HCi.jpg

That is cool!
Wanna sell it? :p

I was thinking the same thing!!

I have two Rugers I can't find good holsters for. One is a 7 1/2" Single Seven. Lots of 6 1/2" holsters, but no 7 1/2" ones. The other is the Single Six Hunter with a red dot optic. Cross draw, chest rig, stong side. I would consider any of them if I could find one!

Since you asked...

A lightweight right hand russet color holster molded to the weapon snugly enough to retain the weapon without a retention strap or thumb break; covered trigger guard and trigger; the top of the holster reinforced to hold it open to facilitate reholstering with one hand; wide 1 3/4" belt loop fitted tightly enough to hold the holster firmly to the belt.

bogus bill

Hunter
I also ride the trails in a RZR. A flap holster and as "single action" said in a crossdraw would be nice along with a strong side flap Hi Rise. That would help protect the gun from those lousy seat belt buckles. I own a nice single six from about 1959 in 5 1/2" that is like new but haven't taken it with me yet because of that.

BrewsterII

Bearcat
I like the Bianchi 1L Lawman, mine is an older USA made version. From what I hear the newer Made in Mexico ones are not as nice.

25-L.jpg

IMG_0125-L.jpg

Triggernosis

Single-Sixer
Thanks, Jeep!

Here's a fancy one I recently did, though it's not for a Single Six.
http://imgur.com/gallery/CqTASWB

grobin

Blackhawk
I don't see a y holsters for single six/ten with any provision for optics. Small scope or particularly red dot.

BrewsterII

Bearcat
Triggernosis said:
Nice! ^^^ Tell us about those grips, please.

Thanks, the grips are from EXOTIC GRIPS BY ESMERALDA, made of Cocobolo, hand cut checkering and they fit like a glove.

I have several sets of her grips for different guns I have, and they have all been perfect.