Super Redhawk in 10mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

smith1961

Blackhawk
cas said:
I hear .401 Powermag is next. ;)

Nah... this is Ruger's normally of almost giving the customers what they want. Many ask for a GP100 in 10mm, some overly cautious engineer say "lets do this instead". Viola! Instant boat anchor. I do wonder if they're have some collector appeal years down the road if they flop.

Oh what you just said 100%! This will be another instant "collectible of the week" from Ruger and their distributors! 1/3rd will shoot them (10mm fanatics), 1/3rd will lovingly wrap them in a beaver blanket and vacuum seal them, and the other third will wait 5-10 years and sell trade em off for the .41 GNR version due out in 2026.........
:lol:
Now can I PLEASE get my darned .41 mag Vaquero produced?!?!?

k22fan

Blackhawk
Two changes would help this revolver sell. A 7th chamber and a lighter barrel. At the least Ruger could shorten the barrel to reduce weight. However, it still would be a rather large 10 mm and the 10 mm's best reloads are only slightly more powerful than .357.

Don Lovel

Hunter
WRONG GUN, a GP sized utility revolver in 40 S&W/10mm moonclips is a great idea in 3", 4" and even 6" models that would sell good
Huge hogleg in 10mm, well I would rather have some real horsepower cartridge choices in a frame as big as the Super Redhawk as it already comes with.

dakota1911

Buckeye
Another I would rather have a Blackhawk. Take the 357/9mm I recently bought and make it in 10mm/40S&W. I would be a buyer.

I guess that I am a fool.
Never owned a SRH. Never even fired one.
Have 44 mag covered with a Smith 629 6 inch.
Have a few Glocks in 10MM that are light and dependable.
Load for 10MM and have LOTS of brass.
Did not have a revolver that is as easy to mount optics on as the SRH.
Already had a usable optic ready to mount.
Kind of made me feel warm and fuzzy when I picked it up at the recent show.
Guy offered me a screaming deal if I could pay cash.
I kind of needed an anchor for my kayak.

Just another toy for weekends.

Bill

biglmbass

Bearcat
You're in luck. Stainless B'hawks in 10mm/40 are available in two barrel lengths.

dakota1911 said:
Another I would rather have a Blackhawk. Take the 357/9mm I recently bought and make it in 10mm/40S&W. I would be a buyer.

JStacy

Blackhawk
I love the 10MM I have a Colt Delta, RIA Tactical and S&W 610 of 1989 in 10MM The Redhawk is a good gun just wish they would make a GP100 in 10MM in my opinion it would be more "right sized" for the cartridge.
I also have a standard Red hawk , 7 1/2", barrel in 357 mag, and it gets any of the 357 loads that are just too hot for my other 357 revolvers and it eats them like candy.

Latest posts