A tale of the Ruger Bisley................

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Shortly after Ruger's introduction of the Bisley, a friend of mine got into the Bisley. He built up a collection and won an award at a gun show for his display. He began to sort of orchestrate custom Bisleys. I say "orchestrate" as he did only the promotional work and farmed out the work to other 'smiths.

Here is one of his first guns, action work by Hamilton Bowen, false ivory with scrimshaw, red insert front sight, and polished bright loading gate:

He had this .32 Magnum made up to be auctioned off at a Ruger Collector Association meeting. Grips by Roy Fishpaw:

He also was the successful bidder for one of Skeeter Skelton's guns:

With certificate of authenticity from Skelton's widow:

Bob Wright

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Sweet, Bob! Does the Skeeter gun have the Bar T trademark? Would loved to have gotten one of Skeeters guns! Several Old Model customs are in the works right now but would love to have built a OM .45 Bisley :)

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Colonel Daddy said:
Sweet, Bob! Does the Skeeter gun have the Bar T trademark? Would loved to have gotten one of Skeeters guns! Several Old Model customs are in the works right now but would love to have built a OM .45 Bisley :)

No, not Bar T brand. This gun was straight stock, and I believe it was the one pictured in Shooting Times in the introductory article Skeeter wrote.

Bob Wright

Nice pictures Bob. Always enjoy your posts.
Also nice to see that Skeeter gun. I obtained Skeeters .32 # 00022 a while back from a good Forum member.
I would love to hunt down Elmer Keiths .32. In 3/14/15 it was sold at auction through the Poulin auctionhouse.
That would be # 00015.
Sure would like to add that one to the collection :)

dakota1911

Buckeye
Nice. Nothing special but I just bought a variant in 45Colt/45ACP. Nice pistol. I like the Bisley grip.