RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:00 pm 
Hunter

Neezer wrote:
I agree with some of the comments above. Doesn't ruger realize that many people won't even consider the Redhawk line because there is almost no grip options. .......GRIP OPTIONS ARE A BIG DEAL

Funny - the first thing I noticed was that those grips would not fill my hand and wondered about something more practical being available. It looks like the little baby grip of a S&W Model 60.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:11 pm 
Single-Sixer

I own this Redhawk full lug as well as the .44 Backpacker. Both are fantastic and highly preferred by me to the SRH platform.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:24 am 
Hawkeye

I like the full lug, as an recoil dampening feature. As others have said, I would like the trigger group of the SRH, and the grip. The SRH frame is fugly!!!
gramps

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:46 pm 
Single-Sixer

If the gun had a real grip on it and not the Mickey Mouse cartoon grip , IMHO, it would look better ! The price is also climbing to S&W territory.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:50 pm 
Single-Sixer

Had Bowen build a GP44 for me it is the best of both Redhawk worlds Super RH frame milled off extension original RH barrel threaded in place. See pictures that Onty posted. Mine has a 4-3/4" barrel, you can choose your length. Recoil is way less than my on my 5.5" original RH that has been ported. Look up GP44 {the real Super Redhawk} on Hamilton Bowens web site for info.
It is truly a wonderful revolver.

Jeff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:33 am 
Single-Sixer

JStacy wrote:
If the gun had a real grip on it and not the Mickey Mouse cartoon grip , IMHO, it would look better ! The price is also climbing to S&W territory.

I have found the Mickey Mouse grip to be more comfortable and better looking than the standard. Even though Ruger still lists the 5058 on their site, you can't find them anywhere, so it looks like some people agree with me.