Revolver grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Remington 308

Bearcat
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum and am looking forward to getting new information
On my Redhawk 45acp 45lc.
The question I have is , I'm haveing trouble finding new grips that would fit my
Hands better, any ideas?
Thank you

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
It sounds like custom grips are in order. You gave little information other than you don't like the fit you have now.
There are very few makers that make grips for double actions to order. Good luck !

BPGuy

Single-Sixer
I just used a set of Pachmyer Grippers for regular Redhawks on mine. Works great. You just lose the round butt; IMHO, well worth the trade-off.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Hogue makes grips for Redhawks, but I think the only way you'll get grips to fit your hand is to buy wooden grips that fit the frame well, and then carve them to fit your hand. https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/ruger?cat=66 . That's what I did for my Blackhawk.

Or go full custom as already mentioned.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Hogue makes many fine grips for the Redhawk. I think I heard that the regular grips will fit the 45colt/45acp but you should call them to make sure.

https://www.hogueinc.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=1&q=redhawk+grips+

welcome to the Forum, I will dig around in the morning and see what we have downstairs, seems I have some for the round butt, finger grooved Redhawk.............come on the guns from the factory and took them off ,put on wood grips???

well dug them out, and it seems they are for the square butt Redhawks, close but no cigar.......

ZnYZTbul.jpg

jimd441

Blackhawk
I think it is all about your hand size and the grips. For example, the Hogue grips that came on my GP 100 did not fit my hands at all. I replaced them with the original rosewood / rubber grips and have been delighted. Enough about my experience, my advice is to try the grips before buying which I realize is easier said than done in today's world of internet commerce.

Jim

Ron IL

Bearcat
I had that trouble too on my Redhawk. I finally broke down and bought a Hogue Presentation grip ( think that is what it was called) for a regular Redhawk. I had to trim rubber out of the inside of the grip so it would lay flat and close up the seam between the grip sides. I like that one a lot. I like the finger groove grips so I got a set of Pachmyer grips to try. Just had to trim a little by the trigger guard to get the seam closed up. The only problem with these was being too slim and my trigger finger went in too far and was too uncomfortable trying to just use my finger pad. So I went back to the Hogue grips. They are a lot fatter and allowed me to just use my finger tip on the trigger. Going in to the finger joint was causing me to pull shots to the right. Both are made for the square butt but work just fine with some trimming.