Price check on a Security Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MP1

Bearcat
Looking for a current price on a literally brand new Ruger Security Six stainless 357 with a 2.75" barrel, includes yellow box papers outer sleeve etc......from 1985, seller is looking for $700................. seems high...appreciate any feedback.

hittman

Staff member
contender said:
While the package is nice,, I'd say he's a bit high.
Closer to $600 on the top end.

Yep ..... what contender said. ^^^^^

As I checked my records here, I see that it was 7 years ago next month I bought one of these for $500.00. New in box, shipping sleeve, etc. More than one guy told me then I was stark raving crazy to pay that price. :lol:

Even at $700.00 ...... do you want it? How many others have you seen for sale?

hittman said:
contender said:
While the package is nice,, I'd say he's a bit high.
Closer to $600 on the top end.

Yep ..... what contender said. ^^^^^

As I checked my records here, I see that it was 7 years ago next month I bought one of these for $500.00. New in box, shipping sleeve, etc. More than one guy told me then I was stark raving crazy to pay that price. :lol:

Even at $700.00 ...... do you want it? How many others have you seen for sale?[/quote]

That is the sum total of it. If that's what you want, negotiate the best price you can and give up the $. Hittman is exactly right. How many others have you seen for sale??? If that's what you want, don't let the price keep you from getting it, you will just kick yourself if you miss it. Who knows when you will see another one???

ditto1958

Blackhawk
MP1 said:
Got it................ :D :D :D best part is the seller was negotiable on his price :D

Good news. :)

I recently saw a really nice blued one, but with no box and paperwork, and the asking price was $650. The snubby models seem to bring more, and condition/box/papers is always worth something.