Herret's Security Six Grips - RNSR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

vulcannut

Bearcat
A couple of weeks ago I picked up some Herret's Security Six grips hoping they would fit my 1975 Security Six and unfortunately they just don't quite fit. After doing some research I think the grips I got are for round but Security Six's and I must have a square but. Now I state this not knowing if there were round but Six's as I have no idea.

This all being said I am sure with some careful tweaking (cutting away some wood) I could get them to work but I would hate alter them if there are round but Six's out there.

Some pictures of the grips are below. I have like 25 into them so no rush to do anything with them.

Any thoughts? Should I modify them or try to find them a good home. They are in good shape so not sure what to do. Worst case I hang on to them and maybe a Security Six comes along they would work on.

hittman

Staff member
Yep, there are round "Six's" but they're Speed Six, not Security Six.

Look at what those cost today and then sell them or trade them for the correct grips, if you can find some. They are worth a heck of a lot more than $25 if you try to buy some from Herrett's (not sure they even make this model any more--those may have been a special order, or old stock from when the "6-Series" were more common).

vulcannut

Bearcat
Mike Armstrong said:
Look at what those cost today and then sell them or trade them for the correct grips, if you can find some. They are worth a heck of a lot more than $25 if you try to buy some from Herrett's (not sure they even make this model any more--those may have been a special order, or old stock from when the "6-Series" were more common).

I have them posted on eBay now and have purchased some new old stock target grips which I should have in a few days. The stock grips didn't work for me so I have some Ruger rubber grips on it but it deserves wood.

The Herret's grips are nice so if they don't sell soon I may just put them in the extras pile as I wouldn't mind getting a Speed Six at some point.

lfpiii

Blackhawk
Mike Armstrong said:

There are hundreds of Herrett grips for sale on ebay and gunbroker. While the family of the founder will still make you a set for a high fee, they made a mistake flooding the market in the late 80s. You should not pay more than $30.00 for a set in new condition.

Latest posts