At Academy Sports today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

welldoya

Single-Sixer
That is high. Check on-line and you should be able to find them close to $300.
I got an e-mail just the other day for the 642 for $319.

welldoya

Single-Sixer
Bud's was the internet king a couple of years ago. Now I don't even check with them. They haven't kept up.
I buy most of mine from Grabagun, Whittaker's, PSA and Kentucky Gun.
Cheapest I found with a cursory look a few minutes ago was $298 at Mr. Gun Dealer.
$325 at Grabagun.
Go to some of these dealers and sign up for their e-mails. Some of the best deals don't last long. You have to jump when you get the e-mail.

welldoya said:
Bud's was the internet king a couple of years ago. Now I don't even check with them. They haven't kept up.
I buy most of mine from Grabagun, Whittaker's, PSA and Kentucky Gun.
Cheapest I found with a cursory look a few minutes ago was $298 at Mr. Gun Dealer.
$325 at Grabagun.
Go to some of these dealers and sign up for their e-mails. Some of the best deals don't last long. You have to jump when you get the e-mail.

Mr Gun Dealer charges $30 for shipping.

welldoya

Single-Sixer
Ok, so $298 plus $30 plus $15 FFL totals $343. Still a lot cheaper than $410 plus tax.
Plus, I get emails pretty regularly with the price from $299 - $319 with free or very cheap shipping.
Ya just gotta look.

Bear Paw Jack said:
That would be a dilemma. So did you choose one over the other, or decided to buy both???
Inquiring minds and all that. Both are nice guns.
Alas, I am not in a financial position to buy. :oops: I still look though! :lol: Just like with wimmen. :shock:
gramps

gramps said:
Bear Paw Jack said:
That would be a dilemma. So did you choose one over the other, or decided to buy both???
Alas, I am not in a financial position to buy. :oops: I still look though! :lol: Just like with wimmen. :shock:
gramps

Gramps, be careful. Wimmens are for looking at. Lots of them bite. They scary thing is they are so desperate for a man, and they know men are vulnerable. Maybe find yourself an older one that would be lucky to get a younger man. Most men are looking for younger women. :mrgreen:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
wished i could buy online, all my local shops have went up to $50 for transfer so there isn't much savings. i guess they want a person to buy from them only, and since i can't drive far i don't have a lot of choices. my lcr 9mm was $480+tax when i got it, its been a great gun i couldn't get a better price after adding the $50 so i bought from them.

welldoya

Single-Sixer
Is there a local gun forum that you can join? There are usually a few FFL members on local forums and they give members a deal. Or check the local FFLs on Gunbroker and see what they charge.
I've got two different ones that charge $15.

boomer92266 said:
wished i could buy online, all my local shops have went up to $50 for transfer so there isn't much savings. i guess they want a person to buy from them only, and since i can't drive far i don't have a lot of choices. my lcr 9mm was $480+tax when i got it, its been a great gun i couldn't get a better price after adding the $50 so i bought from them.

Go to Davidsons Gun Genie, or Gun Broker to find a dealer in your area. Frequently that will be someone who does their FFL business out of their home. They are frequently cheaper to work with, because other wise they don't meat anyone. I met mine when I first moved here and we have become good friends.

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
welldoya said:
Is there a local gun forum that you can join? There are usually a few FFL members on local forums and they give members a deal. Or check the local FFLs on Gunbroker and see what they charge.
I've got two different ones that charge $15.
We had a local fishing forum and they allowed a "Hunting Section" which quickly became a buy and sell, so they dropped the hunting section. There is a Floridaguntrader.com and it's broken into sections of the state. Florida's laws are not nearly as restrictive some states. Check your own state by adding guntrader or gun exchange or gunbroker .com to your state. Ya might get lucky! :)

biglmbass

Bearcat
welldoya said:
I buy most of mine from Grabagun, .

I've been out of the game a good while, but stumbled upon Grab-a-gun yesterday. I was rather shocked at how good their prices were compared to Buds' and even a few of my old sources. Cheap shipping too.

GP100

Buckeye
Bear Paw Jack said:
gramps said:
Bear Paw Jack said:
gramps

Gramps, be careful. Wimmens are for looking at. Lots of them bite. They scary thing is they are so desperate for a man, and they know men are vulnerable. Maybe find yourself an older one that would be lucky to get a younger man. Most men are looking for younger women. :mrgreen:

I think he should stick to guns.. Much cheaper in the long run.. The gun can't divorce you, and take everything..

Armybrat

Buckeye
biglmbass said:
welldoya said:
I buy most of mine from Grabagun, .

I've been out of the game a good while, but stumbled upon Grab-a-gun yesterday. I was rather shocked at how good their prices were compared to Buds' and even a few of my old sources. Cheap shipping too.
I've bought several guns & related items from GaG over the past several years. Always reasonable and good service too.

Latest posts