SP101 357mag 2.25" OWB Holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wagsfn

Bearcat
The title says it all. I've been diligently searching for a quality OWB holster for my SP101 357mag 2.25". Prefer leather, and recommendations from current SP101 owners. Thx!

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
I had a Galco Fletch for my Sp101. But both are gone now. Great holster.
Now I have a Galco Hornet for my S&W 442. It's a cross draw holster, perfect set up.

ADP3

Single-Sixer
Henry Cassady makes great, affordable Tom Threeperson style leather holsters for the 2.25" and 3" SP101's. Check him out under h.c.leather on Ebay or pm me and I'll give you his email address.

Best Regards,
ADP3

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I like this one. It looks a little different for the SP-101 but the gun fits well and it has some versatility. My only complaint is it is a little squeaky. Price is $44.03 .

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/850792/bianchi-7-shadow-2-holster

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
i am not a current owner of an sp 101 but a former, i only sold it to buy my lcr. in the sp 101 i used a desantis thumb break scabbard, i also have that holster for my lcr. great holster

BPGuy

Single-Sixer
Well, I'm going to throw a curveball here. FOBUS holster. We encountered them at Academy Sporting Goods. It was $26+tax, about $10 cheaper than direct from their website. It's different, for sure, but the gun fits the holster well. Evolution is the style we bought.

fobusholster.com

dpayne

Bearcat
Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake holster is perfect for my SP 101. Holds the gun close to my body and the leather is a bit softer and more flexible than other holsters I have (including Simply Rugged Sourdough that I purchased for my GP 100). As a comparison, the S&P Shield 9mm I own is thinner than a revolver but prints more in a DeSantis owb holster than the SP in the Simply Rugged. All things considered its my favorite carry setup.

wagsfn

Bearcat
I appreciate the feedback. I went ahead and ordered the Galco Hornet for my SP101 357 magnum w/2.25" barrel length. So many quality choices. Thx again.

wagsfn said:
I appreciate the feedback. I went ahead and ordered the Galco Hornet for my SP101 357 magnum w/2.25" barrel length. So many quality choices. Thx again.
Welcome to the forum. Yep, there are a lot of choices! Good luck. If worse comes to worse, you can sell it here, and pick another of the reccomendations :mrgreen:
gramps

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
wagsfn said:

I don't think you will be disappointed.
Give a review when it comes in.

wagsfn

Bearcat
SweetWilliam said:
wagsfn said:

I don't think you will be disappointed.
Give a review when it comes in.
My Galco Hornet arrived last week. Leather, stiff, but was surprised it fits more than just the SP101 model according to the label. I thought is was model specific. The fit is acceptable. I tried appendix carry and cross draw. I didn't like the feel in appendix, but cross draw felt fine.

This new SP101 when purchased was never intended to be a primary carry revolver. But I see a future for it during the winter months when wearing a vest. Overall I'm happy with this holster, but if it were to be carried more often, I'd chosen a custom fit strong side holster instead.

Heisenberg

Bearcat
Garrett Silent Thunder
Leather lined kydex

gholster1.jpeg