GP100 .44 Special front sight, does anybody make one?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
Got the .44 Special GP100 and really like it, but am not crazy about the fiber optic front sight. I have searched the internet, and googled, and went to Midway and Brownells, and even shopruger.com but can't find one for the .44. It is dovetailed instead of the push button like the .357s are . Do any of you guys know where I can get one? I would prefer a simple gold bead, or red one like the .357s.

Thel

Blackhawk
Yes, try Novak's.

https://www.novaksights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=9509

They have a brass bead and tritium front sights for the GP. One could also have a gunsmith fashion a front sight of the desired configuration. I had a real gold bead Patridge sight recently created for my Speed Six.

DPris

Buckeye
Novak can also do a genuine gold bead front for the gun.
Ask for a .265".
Denis

roashooter

Single-Sixer
I did not care for the FO front sight either....but a call to Ruger CS...got a FREE front sight with the brass bead, sent to me in less than a week. It is not listed on the shopruger link.

gunman42782

Hunter
roashooter said:
I did not care for the FO front sight either....but a call to Ruger CS...got a FREE front sight with the brass bead, sent to me in less than a week. It is not listed on the shopruger link.
Now we're talking! I will give that a try. Thanks

I did email Novak's to ask if they make one, and have not got a reply. Thanks everybody for your replies.

gunman42782 said:
roashooter said:
Now we're talking! I will give that a try. Thanks

I did email Novak's to ask if they make one, and have not got a reply. Thanks everybody for your replies.
I emailed Ruger a week ago and asked if they made one. CS quickly responded with a part number and requested the serial number of my GP44 and mailing address. I provided the information requested and a second email from CS reached my inbox the next day to let me know a bead front sight was mailed to me. I expect it today.

DPris

Buckeye
Ruger doesn't "make" one, but they do have the brass bead from Novak.
I've discussed with Novak's on the phone, they are the maker & they will do gold if you want to spend the money.

Brass tarnishes & darkens over time, gold does not.
Denis

DPris

Buckeye
That's obviously a solution, I'm just advising that if you WANT gold, you can GET gold.
Denis

gunman42782

Hunter
Thanks again guys, I emailed Ruger, and they are gonna send me a front sight. Can't beat free!

Acorn

Buckeye
OK, how about a gold/brass bead for the push button type sights? My Redhawk had the red insert front sight. It's not really a bright red, kind of dull actually. Punching paper with it I lose the top of the front sight in the glare from the sun light. I have a blue GP front on it now but I like the looks of the gold/brass bead. The quick change front sight makes swapping them a breeze.

Srb08

Single-Sixer
Ruger made a an express sight for the Redhawk. Gold bead front and V notch rear.
The show up for sale in the classified section, from time to time. I've picked up a few sets, for my RedHawks.
Garry Reeder has them as well, $45.

Acorn

Buckeye
Srb08 said:
Ruger made a an express sight for the Redhawk. Gold bead front and V notch rear.
The show up for sale in the classified section, from time to time. I've picked up a few sets, for my RedHawks.
Garry Reeder has them as well, $45.

Are they for the push button fronts?

Edit: Yep looks like what I want. Thank You Srb08!

Thel

Blackhawk
"Anybody know if it's the same situation on the SP-101 4"?

Novaks shows the following for the SP101:

http://www.novaksights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=9510

in brass bead and tritium dot. I imagine you could also request a gold bead.

jules

Single-Sixer
I contacted Ruger this morning to get a brass bead front sight. They told me that no other sight for the GP100 44 special is being offered. Below is the reply from CS.

Thank you for contacting Ruger Customer Service.
Your Customer Service Issue # is 10035675

Unfortunately we do not offer a different front sight for this model.

Ruger Customer Service