Ruger .45 Super Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I was bumping around in Gun Broker and found RARE Rugers! One is an Eleven inch barrel Super Blackhawk Another is this .45 Super BH. What is wrong with people? Prices seem to be on high side. I am looking for a 4 5/8" Super BH .44 M Got disgusted and left. One day I found a .44 Mag Old Army. Unbelievable

contender

Ruger Guru
Ahh,,, some folks THINK they have some kind of rare factory gun that is NOT factory. And of course,, they add "rare" prices too!

daveg.inkc

Hunter
It's people posting firearms with little knowledge. Some one here posted a .22 Blackhawk. aka. Single Six. All the .45 owner had to do is read bottom side of frame. And 10.5 is close to 11.

Kanook

Buckeye
Ruger did make some Super Blackhawk .45 it is the Hunter model.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Some folks you just can't tell anything. A story gets passed down through generations and it becomes doctrine. Reminds me of the guy who had an Old Model Single Six that was bought brand new by his grandfather in the 1940's with a factory polished aluminum grip frame and ejector housing. He was convinced it was a rare collectible gun worth many hundreds more than it actually was. Or the $20,000 Colt SAA .44Spl that was an obvious horrid refinish with newer parts swapped onto a frame that dated 1906. Never mind that the .44Spl wasn't unveiled until 1907 or chambered by Colt until 1913.

Let's face it, most gun owners are not enthusiasts and probably operate on more misinformation than information. Any visit to a gun shop with open ears will quickly reveal the crap that gets passed around as fact.

pisgah

Buckeye
CraigC said:
Let's face it, most gun owners are not enthusiasts and probably operate on more misinformation than information. Any visit to a gun shop with open ears will quickly reveal the crap that gets passed around as fact.

All you need to do is read this or any other gun forum to see that your first statement is correct. As for your second statement -- in 50+ years of prowling gun shops, I can say that with rare exception they are about the WORST source of factual gun information.

eveled

Hawkeye
I just got a chill. Thinking back to the time when I used to go through recycle bins looking for gun magazines (my friends wanted the other adult magazines). Gun catalogs were ordered and worn out, and I actually went to the LGS with questions thinking they were experts.

Information is valuable, we live in a golden age.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
pisgah said:
CraigC said:
Let's face it, most gun owners are not enthusiasts and probably operate on more misinformation than information.
All you need to do is read this or any other gun forum to see that your first statement is correct...
I think you are wrong as most folks on this and many other forums are very informed and helpful with gun questions. Some people on this and other gun forums are downright 'expert'.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I have found at least 3 subjects where men THINK they are experts. Certainly Firearms. (Reason I started this post.)Cars!! Especially Muscle cars. I watched a man peek his head in my '65 GTO. He told me I had wrong dash. "No, the wood vernier is correct". He believed the aluminum , like '64 GTO had should be in place. I told him that was 1 year. Until '70. And last, Women! How many "Experts" have you heard on opposite sex?

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
jimbo1096 said:
If you really want to hear the BS, ask the guy with a daily driver condition 60s/70s musclecar how fast his car is in the quarter mile.
Son and I hear it all the time! We have a 1934 Chevy Standard Coupe. Nice enough for us with a mild 327, power glide and 57 Chevy rear. "What'll it do?" Danged if I know and ain't planning to find out!

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Colonel Daddy said:
jimbo1096 said:
If you really want to hear the BS, ask the guy with a daily driver condition 60s/70s musclecar how fast his car is in the quarter mile.
Son and I hear it all the time! We have a 1934 Chevy Standard Coupe. Nice enough for us with a mild 327, power glide and 57 Chevy rear. "What'll it do?" Danged if I know and ain't planning to find out!
That is a solid, trouble free power train. I know it runs smooth. Starts everytime!

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
I run into more misinformation on taxes than you would believe. Every one know some guys son in law, who knows some one who pickes up the garbage of some one who cuts the hair of some rich guy who makes a zillion dollars a year and pays not a dime in taxes. :?

CraigC

Hawkeye
Yeah, all the crap about "rich people" who don't pay taxes gets really tired. According to the IRS, 2% of the population makes 19% of the income, yet pays 37% of the taxes. Which is to say that 2% of the population are paying DOUBLE their fair share. But perception is everything and people love to hate on those who have more than they do.