New single seven and Bearcat models?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

louiethelump

Buckeye
Just saw a post on Facebook of a single seven birdshead with fixed sights that looked like a 4" barrel, and a 6" barrel blue Bearcat. Both supposedly new models. Anyone heard of any of this?

Goldang it! Just when I thought I had made my mind up between getting a LC9s or a 3" LCRx in 38 Spl, now we have these coming out! I'm interested in that short barrel Single 7 configuration for a trail gun, though I'd wish it had adjustable sights given that it will swallow so many different cartridges and is an ideal reloader's platform. But...... that 3 3/4" Bisley frame 45 Colt/45ACP convertible......wipes drool from chin.. sure it may be heavier to pack, but , I may have to consider selling something (which I hate to do) to get one of those!

Cholo

Staff member
Oooo, I just have to have the 6" Bearcat! I'd have the top an rear surface of the hammer powder coated black as well as the trigger. I want :mrgreen:

Thanks for the link.

greenmtnguy said:
Goldang it! Just when I thought I had made my mind up between getting a LC9s or a 3" LCRx in 38 Spl, now we have these coming out! I'm interested in that short barrel Single 7 configuration for a trail gun, though I'd wish it had adjustable sights given that it will swallow so many different cartridges and is an ideal reloader's platform. But...... that 3 3/4" Bisley frame 45 Colt/45ACP convertible......wipes drool from chin.. sure it may be heavier to pack, but , I may have to consider selling something (which I hate to do) to get one of those!

I want to hear more about the convertible. Where can I get that??? I sure didn't need this AND the 480 Ruger coming out about the same time.

I noticed in the Gunblast video,at the 8:16 time frame, it said the Bearcat would be available in June of 2017. I have gone to the Lipsey and Ruger sites and see nothing about it. That 6" will definitely be added to the safe! Unfortunately due to the fact it will be a new 'model number' I will have to go through the process of having it 'approved' by the State Police before it can be sold.

WIL TERRY said:
The new 6" BEARCAT shot like a champ last week I'm here to tell you !!

And so it goes...
And you were shooting with Jason and friends?
I ask because Jason at Lipsey sent me this: "The part number for the 6" Bearcat is 0922 , Model number is SBC6.  These aren't due this month.  I think you might be mistaking the way Gunblast put the MSRP on the video as a delivery date.  We should see them sometime this summer though.  Probably within the next 60 days.  Great little gun.  We shot it a bunch last week and it was hard to put down!"
I am trying to get a 'jump' on the information so I can submit it to the MD State Police to have it placed on the 'approved' list.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
If any one gets one bring it to Contenders bash would love to try it. I will get the 45 convertible bt I know the wife won't let me have it till Christmas.

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
Lipsey's and Jason have certainly been busy getting Rugers attention. I liked every one of them in the video. The Bearcats and I don't get along though, fingers are to fat. :)
To damn broke to afford any of them at this time. I can still drool though.

Dana

BPGuy

Single-Sixer
I guess it only shows if you log in as a dealer. I have an FFL friend who lets me use his log-on so I can see dealer prices.

Latest posts