New single seven and Bearcat models?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

They got it on their web site ONE DAY after the Maryland group met to access new models for acceptance. I now have to wait three months for the next meeting then an additional 30 days for anyone that might have an objection. Doesn't look like I'll have one in hand by the "Gathering". I am going to attempt to 'sweet talk' the lady in charge there and see what I can make happen. . .if anything.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
Frank I hope you or Cholo can bring one to the gathering would love to try one,I haven't been to the other Ruger forum in some time well you won't believe the negative remarks on this gun, who are those people?

Cholo

Staff member
Big Old Boy, I never thought I'd want a new Ruger single action in that I only like blued SA's and can't live with the hideous stainless hammer and trigger. Well, they can be powder coated to my liking, so I'm getting one. Hopefully I'll have it for the meeting.

I remember a thread about a year ago where a member posted a pic of a 6" Bearcat somebody had made. We never did get the details :( Well, hell froze over and Ruger did make it, thanks to Lipseys! :)

Big Old Boy

Hunter
Anyone at the gathering that would to to try an American ranch in 450 BM I will have one with me.

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
Fox Mike said:
WIL TERRY said:
The new 6" BEARCAT shot like a champ last week I'm here to tell you !!

And so it goes...
And you were shooting with Jason and friends?
I ask because Jason at Lipsey sent me this: "The part number for the 6" Bearcat is 0922 , Model number is SBC6.  These aren't due this month.  I think you might be mistaking the way Gunblast put the MSRP on the video as a delivery date.  We should see them sometime this summer though.  Probably within the next 60 days.  Great little gun.  We shot it a bunch last week and it was hard to put down!"
I am trying to get a 'jump' on the information so I can submit it to the MD State Police to have it placed on the 'approved' list.

No sir ! He was shooting with us.
And so it goes...

Cholo said:
Let me dredge this one up out of the bone yard :) Has anyone heard about the availability of the 6" Bearcats?
I have mine ordered from my FFL. I have to check to find out if it has been let loose at Lipsey's or if it arrived yet. No hurry on my end as I have to wait for the State Police to give the OK then another 30 days to see if anyone objects. Looks like the middle of September before I could get it. . .IF it is available.

Armybrat

Buckeye
Fox Mike said:
Cholo said:
Let me dredge this one up out of the bone yard :) Has anyone heard about the availability of the 6" Bearcats?
No hurry on my end as I have to wait for the State Police to give the OK then another 30 days to see if anyone objects. Looks like the middle of September before I could get it. . .IF it is available.

Sorry to hear you have to go through all that crazy rigamarole to get permission. :(

louiethelump

Buckeye
I was a bit shocked as well. Have you thought of moving back to America?

Of course I understand all that fuss and it probably explains why your state is the safest in the Nation and why Baltimore is crime free.

louiethelump said:
I was a bit shocked as well. Have you thought of moving back to America?

Of course I understand all that fuss and it probably explains why your state is the safest in the Nation and why Baltimore is crime free.
If I wasn't older than dirt I would up and move form this Liberal driven pit but, as stated, too old now. I don't go into Baltimore unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary and then NEVER at night. I won't even go into what has to be done to receive a carry permit here.

At least I have a the phone number to the 'head lady' at the State police and we have had some great conversations.
The process here is: If and when a new model numbered pistol or revolver is put on the market it has to first have a form filled out requesting it be added to the 'accepted' handgun roster (take a look at it). ( http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/HandgunRoster.aspx ) This information includes 'everything' you can imagine concerning the gun. Then WHEN the 'board' meets they evaluate the information and determine if it meets all guidelines in the State law concerning handguns. If it is given the OK it is then placed on the Maryland Register (not Roster) and a 30 day period is then put in place in case anyone says the gun SHOULDN'T be given the OK. If there is no objection then it is place on the accepted Roster and can be legally sold and possessed.
Now considering everything works out OK the Board meets on the 17th of this month. If OKed then it will have to wait till the 17th of September (actually the 18th as the 17th is a Sunday) before it is OK to sell and possess. Then I have to wait an additional 7 day waiting period before I can actually pick it up from my FFL. SO...it looks like if all the bells and whistles go as planned it would be the end of September before I can actually 'bring it home'.

I didn't mention that unless you are a registered with the State Police as a "registered collector" you can only purchase ONE handgun in any 30 day period. I am registered.

chet15

Hawkeye
The sleeper in Lipsey's offerings will probably be the 4.2" with fluted cylinder and high polish.
Better pick one up while they're available.
The 6" will sell because of its 6" barrel.
Chet15

chet15 said:
The sleeper in Lipsey's offerings will probably be the 4.2" with fluted cylinder and high polish.
Better pick one up while they're available.
The 6" will sell because of its 6" barrel.
Chet15
I can only convince the wife that I NEED another Bearcat about once every two months. I'll have to wait for this one to come home before I even think about the next one. :) Of course by the time I get the 6" the two months will have passed so I'll be OKed again. . . I think.