5 1/2" color case finish big frame Bisley Vaqueros, rare?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Don Lovel

Hunter
I have been keeping my eyes open for a 5 1/2" barrel Bisley Vaquero with color case finish in 45 Colt for a few years now and still have not been able to reel one in.
Got to the point where I did not care if it was 44 Mag or 45 Colt but found neither
Stainless Bisley 5 1/2" guns abound

mrbumps

Blackhawk
Don Lovel said:
gunzo said:
Gunbroker item #657506758

what happened to the frame finish I wonder?, $450 more than I would pay for one without better charcoal color, one of the 44 mag ads looks better

They never used real case coloring. I believe it was some kind of chemical finish. It was never known to hold up very well, which is probably why they stopped making them.

gunzo

Hunter
I didn't look at all the pics of the Gunbroker one, the color is gone isn't it. But, it did not hold up that well on any of them. I've read the real color case cost about $400 from Turnbull, but wave not priced for myself.
A member here used to advertise the service in the classifieds. A search might find him.

LarryH

Single-Sixer
I have one just like you are wanting that is unfired. Got it from a friend who won it at a local NRA dinner years ago. I'm trying to get a trip together to Westcliffe in the near future, maybe I'll bring it along and give you look see.

Don Lovel

Hunter
LarryH said:
I have one just like you are wanting that is unfired. Got it from a friend who won it at a local NRA dinner years ago. I'm trying to get a trip together to Westcliffe in the near future, maybe I'll bring it along and give you look see.
Well I hope my commitments this summer will have me in the area if you get to come out.