Shootout at the saloon in "Unforgiven".

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
Hey Guys/Gals,
Count the number of shots from Bill Munny's six shooter in the shootout.
He beats roy, gene Or hoppy!
I got lost at 13.
Blackie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmhGYB4NdYc

street

Hunter
Yes there was a lot of shooting going on and it is not possible to tell how many shot he got off. I thought I counted seven but I couldn't be sure.

s4s4u

Hunter
Jeepnik said:
Guys it's a movie. The connection between film and reality does not exist.

True, but this is a Clint Eastwood production I believe and he strives for somewhat of a sense of "reality" in his efforts

andyo5

Single-Sixer
Even better is the scene in The Revenant in which Hugh Glass steals a horse and escapes from the French trappers' camp, getting off two rapid shots with his flint lock pistol. (No, it did not have two barrels).

Spleenless Dave

Single-Sixer
That movie has my favorite movie quote in it, when he's coming out of the saloon after killing Little Bill. There's no way I'd mess with the guy after hearing this....

"All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down."

M. HALL

Bearcat
trapperon said:
Yeah.....Clint is usually on top of that stuff......i know what you're thinkin......did he fire 6 shots or only 5.......

:lol: So to extrapolate, "did he shoot 12 shots or only 10?" "I gots to know."

bogus bill

Hunter
It`s entertainment boys. I find myself watching all the old "Walker Texas Ranger" episodes cause my wife gets sick of fox and likes all westerns. How often has real cops of any brand ever duke it out with someone trying to kill em with a iron bar or knife whilst he has a sidearm hanging on his hip? And THATS the tamer more believable episodes! Now it`s time to play cops and wops.

Get Wood

Single-Sixer
I Counted 7 .. That I Saw From him . Just My 2 cents. But What Do I Know ???? Still A GREAT FLICK ....

gunzo

Hunter
Kevin Costner in Open Range fired his Colt 13 times in succession at the showdown in the street. Not a guess, I backed up the scene several times to get a correct count. Then...when he finally does reload, he's shaking the gun to get the empties out, the ejector looks to be operational, never could figure what that was all about.

Most Western's are pitiful about details & reality. But they are still better than most anything else I can watch.

whichwatch

Blackhawk
Jeepnik said:
Guys it's a movie. The connection between film and reality does not exist.

Thank you, couldn't have said it better myself. Seems like no one on this forum, or any other quite understands that.

street

Hunter
Spleenless Dave said:
That movie has my favorite movie quote in it, when he's coming out of the saloon after killing Little Bill. There's no way I'd mess with the guy after hearing this....

"All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down."
That is what is known as selling "WOLF TICKETS" :lol: That is one of the best parts of the movie!

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
...and this is a forum not a courtroom, so I say it's okay to banter about how many shots were fired. It's all fun, and I think those who counted were enjoying things just fine.

19ontheslide

Bearcat
The entire premise of this thread is faulty. I just carefully watched the shootout in question on my DVD copy, and I count a grand total of 5 shots fired from Munny's borrowed Schofield in the bar, plus the one shotgun blast that made sure Skinny never saw another sunrise and the final round from the Spencer that ostensibly negated any inherent value of Little Bill's previous orthodontic work. As the capacity of all the S&W Schofields I've ever examined is six rounds, there is no call for any suspension of disbelief in this regard. I think where the OP (and obviously others) are making their error is in seeing Munny flinch at several of the shots coming his direction, which if you squint just right sort of look similar to the way he looks when he himself is touching off a round from his pistol, but if you watch carefully and closely, he only squeezes off 5 before encouraging all remaining ground staff to exit the premises.

Latest posts