Gary Reeder revolvers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboy77845

Bearcat
Do members have any opinions on Gary Reeder custom Rugers. I bought a used one that had been in an estate. Two cylinders, 327/32-20. Called a "Coyote". I have read some on other forums that say he does good work and you either like it or you do not. Appreciate any feedback.

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
YES. it is just fine.

And so it goes...

ALSO, the only thing that really bugs me about the Reeder pistols is the cursive writing upon their surfaces and spelling 45 LONG COLT etc. for calber designations. He should switch to old German style writing.

And so it went...

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Reeder made some all steel rear sights for Rugers some time back were superior to the factory sights and I put one on a .45 Blackhawk. No longer made, unfortunately.

As to his customs, I understand that they are first rate, though I've never had any work done by him.

Bob Wright

pisgah

Buckeye
His taste in decoration doesn't suit everyone, but I have has extensive experience with 2 of his revolvers, a 5-shot .454 Bisley and a .44 mag, and found their quality to be top-notch.

Mus408

Hunter
Bob Wright said:
I reckon my chief complaint about his work is that they seem to be, well.......gaudy.

Bob Wright

Well can you order a plain Jane one but with all the internal work done that makes it a first class shooter? Guess you could call it a "sleeper" !

Brules

Single-Sixer
Bob Wright said:
I reckon my chief complaint about his work is that they seem to be, well.......gaudy.

Bob Wright
This is my opinion too.
Very GAUDY.

Cholo

Staff member
cowboy77845, the only thing that matters is that you got a quality gun that you like. What the rest of us say doesn't matter at all.

rawly1

Single-Sixer
The only reason they are gaudy is because the customer wanted them that way. The reason for customs...

cowboy77845

Bearcat
Yes gaudy. A real Bar-B-Q special. I like the gold filled caliber on the cylinders but the other, not so much. I have a Ranger Point Precision conversion in 327 and think this is a great companion piece. I see there are no complaints about quality of workmanship, just tastes. The 454 is beautiful. I have a Freedom Arms with 4 separate cylinders,454,45 Win Mag,45 ACP and 45 Colt. I shot a 454 in a rifle.. WOW. Will probably stick with 45 Win Mag, The guys at Ranger Point told me that 45 ACP was one of their most popular conversions. They also said they had more requests for 327 than they could fill.

ADP3

Single-Sixer
For the Bang - Thumbs Up.
For the Bling - Thumbs Down.

Best Regards,
ADP3

Status
Not open for further replies.