My favorite Ruger revolvers,what's yours?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ifithitu

Single-Sixer
I have seven Ruger's,but these three are my favorite revolvers.Redhawk ,44 Mag. 4",GP 100 .357 Mag MC 4",SP101 .357 Mag.3"
413250194.jpg

I am forced to edit this...

"Favorite", or what do I shoot the most? There is a difference.

I've got a lot of Blackhawks and Super's, both Old Model and New Model. My Old Models are gorgeous, with really nice actions and beautiful blueing. Although they are more "favorite" than my New Models, the Old Models never see the light of day. My New Models, however, are my very regular companions, and are shot more by me than any other firearm. Even within my New Models, I've got a few that are used more than most others. Namely, my 4-5/8" .357 convertible (almost always with the 9mm cylinder) is my most shot center fire revolver. That could soon change, as I recently acquired a NM Flattop .357 convertible. Not quite the natural shooter that the full size Blackhawk is, I'm hoping to overcome that, as I prefer the Flattop size. Next in line is a 3-3/4" Super Blackhawk. It's just a nice shooting and easy to pack revolver. Many others are rotated in and out of my shooter-battery, but a revolver that just might find its way into the top three is a 3-3/4" Birdshead New Vaquero .45 ACP. This is a very nice shooting gun, with a distinction of being one of the few fixed-sight revolvers that is regulated to my point of aim.

Now, back to "favorite". Even though I prefer to shoot SA revolvers, my all time favorite Ruger revolver, and maybe my all time favorite Ruger product, is the Security Six series. I own many, and like my Old Model Blackhawks, seldom do they see the light of day. I have one that is occasionally shot and carried. A 2-3/4" stainless Security Six with a round butt. Easy to carry, and even compared with longer barrel revolvers, extremely accurate.

WAYNO.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I have several dozen + . My favorite one is the one I happen tobe shooting at the time. If I lay that one down and pick up another,then that one becomes the favorite.
I stay most familiar with the new Vaqueros due to Cowboy shooting .

32magfan

Blackhawk
That is a hard one for me. I have dozens of Rugers from .22s to a 454 Bisley SBH, single actions and double actions, several convertibles.

I will admit to being most partial to the one that started it all for me. In 1985, my father gave me a Single Six in 32 H&R Magnum with a 6.5" bbl. Soon, we were reloading for it and his SBH. What a wild ride it has been ever since. :mrgreen:

32Magfan

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
While I love the Three Screw models, this New Model Super ranks right along the top choice for me:

But then, there's this .45 Colt "Super Blackhawk:"

But this .45 is the one that is always with me:

Can't pick just one.

Bob Wright

My favorites are guns I can't shoot so much anymore. Center fire SA's. I guess the one I like the best that I shoot is a 4" SP101 357. Weird huh? I did just get a Buckeye 38-40/10mm that should be fun as long as my thumb holds up..

Dave

hdxr750

Single-Sixer
Just now my favorite is my 1960.44 Flat Top. 4 3/8 Barrel Zane Thompson's Elk Stag Stocks. Also has CCH frame with Fire Blue Screws.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Bob Wright said:
While I love the Three Screw models, this New Model Super ranks right along the top choice for me:

But then, there's this .45 Colt "Super Blackhawk:"

But this .45 is the one that is always with me:

Can't pick just one.

Bob Wright
Bob, you have very good taste. I love that Super .45. That's one Ruger should make! Dave

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I enjoy shooting the 4 5/8 barrels. I have a .41, .45. I put the rear peeps on both. Next is a .44 Mag in 4 5/8. Also my Old Army's. Last time out, my High polish SS,, fixed sights was very accurate 45 grs of Pyrodex P. Monday I pick up my 10.5 SS Super BH.

I have an emotional attachment to several, not sure which my favorite is. I've got a real nice Gemeni SP101 3" that has sights and is really nice.
I like my 4-5/8" Stainless 44 Mag Vaquero
One of the ones that's lived with me the longest was a 7-1/2" SS 44 mag, cut down to 5-1/2" That gun and I have a lot of miles on us in Alaska.
I like my 5-1/2" SS Single Six
I like my 454 Alaskan.
My 2-3/4" SS Speed Six and I have got a lot of time together.
I really like my SS Security Sixes.
And my Ruger Vaquero blue/CC 4-5/8" 45 Colt.
I can see I'm going to have trouble getting the numbers down.

My new model Vaquero. 5 1/2 inch barrel, with an extremely light trigger from just being shot so darn much, measured with scale at just under 3 pounds. 357 with a set of Sack Peterson stags, I took the high gloss down to a matte finish with a green scotch brite pad, and removed the barrel warning. It's just about perfect and comes with me almost each range trip. Like Bearpaw just mentioned, this one has been with me the longest as well.

wvjoetc

Single-Sixer
I have an beat up ol Security Six I bought about ten years ago from a pawn shop, no finish on it but shoots extremely good, and a OM Blackhawk 357 that I love also. Hard question!

Rclark

Hunter
As contender said above they are all 'favorites' ... otherwise why have them? :)

That said, the following .45 Colt flattop 5 1/2" gets the most 'use'!

RugerFTBlackHawk_2_zps9to196fb.jpg

And the following three round out the trio .357, .44 Special, and .45 Colt.

FlatTop357Grips_3_zpsbjotbhjg.jpg

All of these have been worked over by Munden Enterprises. ~2# trigger with no discernible creep. I like my guns to handle the 'same'.