My favorite Ruger revolvers,what's yours?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Blaze

Bearcat
I started with Rugers with an Old Model Blackhawk .357, 6 1/2" back in 1960. Have had many since then. Favorite, and only SA now, is my 2015 Blackhawk Flat Top convertible in .357/9mm, 4 5/8" bbl. BUT I have changed out the steel grip frame for an aluminum frame, plain old solid factory walnut grips, and a aluminum ERH. This makes a 37.5 once revolver. Just to my likes and this one stays with me..

black029

Single-Sixer
The New Vacqueros. I own a few, and traded a few, and handled many more. It is the one line in the whole big Ruger universe that seems to be relatively free of the glitches that other guns are dogged by.
True, there is no double action to flub, or extractor that is just out of spec, or magazine that doesn't seat correctly. But the overall fit and finish is usually terrific.

375supermag

Blackhawk
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/375supermag/100_0752.jpg
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/375supermag/100_0746.jpg
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/375supermag/100_0729.jpg

375supermag

Blackhawk
100_0729.jpg
[/URL]

Flat-top .44spl from Lipsey's.

Super Blackhawk Hunter in .45Colt.

Blackhawk in .41Mag with Hogue grips

Prescut

Single-Sixer
I'm with Coogs.

It's the Ruger SBH 357 Maximum 10". It's cool with 38s and magnums, but it really comes into its own when shooting steel gongs out there past 100yards.

It's not a revolver, it's a hawgleg.

Prescut

My 3" LCRx gets carried the most in the field. My standard LCR 38 is my EDC. My chopped Super Redhawk 44 is my hunting revolver. Add a lifetime affiliation with the Security Six and those are my favorites. Of course there is my 4" GP100 that Teddy (Actions by T) Jacobson worked the action over on and also............

jebstuart

Single-Sixer
I like Bisley's with shorter barrels. The Ruger's I like most are BH's & SBH's. Elmer Keith said (paraphrasing), I have no use for a handgun without adjustable sights, and I kinda go along with that. So:

SBH 44 mag. with buffalo horn.
picture.php

NMBH Flattop with Black Locust (I think I did this because I remember from childhood that Black Locust makes beer and perpetual fence posts).
picture.php

NMBH 41 mag. with fluted & un-fluted cylinders.
picture.php

And, I just found a long sought after 45 LC/ACP Convertible that I need a Bisley grip frame for, anybody have one for sale?
picture.php

Well, and one Non-Bisley 44 mag. SBH. Ruger factory in Prescott AZ, polishing shops supervisor's personal revolver (Dave Polieo) Rest His Soul.
picture.php

My #1 for many years has been an old model blackhawk in 44 mag, cut down to 4 5/8s. Right behind that is an old model single six 22 Magnum model. Quickly rising to the top though is a 41 Bisley. I have high hopes for the 44 spl Bisley 4 5/8 that I just picked up. Not that I don't love the rest. Kinda hard to choose.

Jesse4rmAZ

Bearcat
I need to learn how to post pics.
My favorite revolver is the 3" GP with Altamont grips and Gemini Customs small wonder green fiber optic front sight

Yetiman

Bearcat
I have more than a dozen Rugers, but my favorite is my Bisley Hunter.

It was my first 44 mag, and I bought it to try my hand at deer hunting with a revolver. My first season I took a pretty nice Buck with it, and it rapidly became my favorite gun. Then I sent it off to David Clements last year for 'finishing school'.
It has also had grips and a frame mod from Jack Huntington which made a HUGE improvement in shooting comfort.

Bob R

Single-Sixer
My Favorite would depend on what day it is.
Deer Season: Super RedHawk in 480 Ruger with UltraDot Match Dot 30mm sight on a Weigand Combat 454/480 Base. She has a 9.5 barrel, and has been slicked up internally.
Daily Packer: I have an Adjustable Sight 3" GP100. She has a set of Altamont Snake Skin Grips, and a Marble Red Fiber Optic front sight. Also slicked up internally. Lives in a Rocky Hill Pancake holster.
Heavy Packer: That would be my 480 Alaskan. She has Altamont Snake Skin Grips, and a Hi Viz Red Fiber Optic front sight. She has also been slicked up internally. She also lives in a Rocky Hill Pancake holster.
First Sunday Gun: That would be my 6" Blued GP100. She also has Altamont Snake Skin Grips, and a Green Marble Front Sight. She has also been slicked up. She lives in a Competition Safariland holster. She is fed with a pile of Safariland Comp III speed loaders. The Sunday following the first Saturday of the month is my ICORE Revolver Match at the Big Piney Sportsman's Club.
Lil Gun: That would be a slicked up SP101. Again Altamont Snake Skin Grips, and a Gemini Small Wonder FO front sight. Lives in another Rocky Hill Pancake holster, and is fed by 12 each Jet Loaders. I traded her off a while back, but kept all the Speed Loaders, Carriers, Holster Case etc. for another one down the road. In fact I may trade my LCR 22 back in on her or another SP101 shortly. I never carry the LCR 22, and it will never win a Beauty Contest.

It is really hard to pick just one favorite. Right now I am packing the Alaskan 480. I have been working up some Devastator Snake Shot Loads for her. She will flat destroy a copperhead coiled up. I have a couple new "Orange" Speed Strips to carry shot shells in for her. I also have a pair of 5 Star Speed Loaders from Pistoleer, and I built a couple kydex Speed Loader Carriers for her. I am between ordering some Speer 275 grain HP bullets, and casting a batch of 325 Lee Gas Check bullets to feed her. So far I am using my hunting bullets which are 375 WFN-GC. With about 10 grains of Unique she is fun to shoot.

I have no problem finding a Ruger I really like.

Bob

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I shot my 10.5" Super BH today. 24 grs H110 very accurate. One Ragged hole peep. New scope going on it tomorrow. I had a strong East wind to fight. Then I pulled out Single Six, SS with .22 Mag. Slab Side Mark II is amazing. I painted rail road spikes white, hung and hit at 40 yrd.

gunzo

Hunter
I have a NMFT .44 Special that I'm shooting more the last few years than any center fire I have, but this scrappy looking 44 mag with an aluminum grip frame & ejector housing usually gets the nod when things get serious. She always delivers.

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz275/gunzo_photo/IMG_0028.jpg?1492968285364&1492968289591&1492968295234&1492968299381

Ditmo

Single-Sixer
That's a tough question. Right now I'd say it is my Single Seven and my SP101 in 327. If I'm in a big bore mood my 5.5" Blackhawk in 45 Colt or if I'm being lazy 45ACP. But then there's always the single six. Can't really choose a favorite. It depends on what I feel like shooting or have reloaded for. I've got blackhawk's, vaquero's, SP101's, GP100, Redhawk in a variety of calibers.