Accusport Bisleys

Help Support Ruger Forum:

xtratoy

Buckeye
I have read about these but don't really understand the significance of them. As I understand, only the Accusports are stainless with a Bisley grip and 5.5" barrel and Bisley marked unfluted cylinder. I just picked a stainless Bisley 41 mag with 5.5" barrel made in 2015 Ser. # 38-60***. Is there anything different about the Accusports other than these particular specs? Is my gun an Accusport distributor gun?

bb code img

JCW64

Single-Sixer
Williams shooters supply has that exclusive Bisley now. Not sure when Accusport gave it up but I think it's over 10 years now. Based on your SN it actual may be a 2016 model with the markings laser engraved.

gunzo

Hunter
About 2002 Accusport had Ruger make approx. 750 special uncatalogued revolvers for them. They were 5.5" SS Bisleys in 45 Colt. Next they ordered 44 Mags. Some say about 750 of those. After that it was 357 & 41, can't remember which was next. They were built & sold, that was it, a special run & they were gone.
Fast forward to 2010. Williams, a firearm distributor decided to have Ruger do some more 45's, some with dual cylinders. They ran for a few years of & on, & now it appears they had 41's made also. No 357's or 44's have been reproduced to my knowledge.
Other than s/n's to tell the difference..... the Accusport will have the warning on the side of the barrel & the Williams will have it on the bottom.

Arky

Single-Sixer
Interesting. I did not know Williams took it over. I believe there have been two or three runs since the first one. I happen to have a .41 from the first run. Test fired 2003. My internet is just too slow to use an image host to post pictures so I do not try to post photos here.

robertkirksey

Blackhawk
There is a stickey in this section titled "stainless Bisley Blackhawks..." that will give you some history of the time frame, etc. I have three Bisleys that I know for a fact are Acusport and not Williams and they are each Southport guns with the warnings on the bottom of the barrel. KRBN-455WX (45 convertable) 8/9/06, KRBN-455W(45 Colt) 1/5/07 and KRBN-355W (357) 1/31/07. This is a very low numbered Acusport 357. Hope this information helps your knowledge of Acusports. I am certain the first Acusport runs had the warning on the side of the barrel.Acusport guns were probably all Southport guns.