Which LCR caliber did you choose and WHY?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Which LCR Caliber do you prefer?

• LCRx 38+ with Hammer

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • 9mm

Votes: 5 5.6%

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • 22 Magnum

Votes: 7 7.8%

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • SOMETHING ELSE

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 38 Special

Votes: 25 27.8%

• Total voters

longunm

Bearcat
I marked the 22 magnum because I use that cartridge a lot although I did not buy an LCR in 22 mag.
After comparing trigger pulls with it and then the 327 and ammo availability, I purchased the 327. Then ordered the longer Hogue Tamer grip to install. Don't have the grips yet but have 32 S&W Long, 32 H&R Mag and 327 Federal Mag ammo ready when they get here.
I hope the recoil of the lighter loads will allow my wife to shoot it.

torino

Bearcat
Been using/ trained with a revolver for so many years that I have to mentally re-learn technique to carry a semi auto in a crisis to my liking (as much as I love my 1911 Colt .45). I started with the .38 for ccw after feeling an empty one at the gun store. Next closest was a Smith at twice the price. .38 & .357 is such a universal proven round and options for many guns, loads & rifles around. Later added the Crimson Trace, (and some 5-star speed loaders) which makes it such a quick OWB holstered responder that I often forget I am even carrying it. Accurate training in quick/ accurate stressful point of impact hitting is more important to me then entering the caliber wars. I know I don't want to be hit by any of them. Just got the .357 flavor and a XS tritium front sight, very nice combo. But am debating if I really want to continue taking the abuse from that round in a lightweight gun in exchange for a little extra firepower. If I was hunting bear.... but then I digress. But no loss either way, just a beefed up .38 for me.

Alte Schule

Bearcat
My first was the .22 WMR. I really wanted to like it but hated the rimfire trigger. Sold that and bought the 3" LCRx in .38 SP. Next up was the .327. Both of those are in my EDC rotation.

mjh

Single-Sixer
.357- everything else I might own also covers both .38 and .357 so the LCR might as well too. After some range time I'm pretty sure the LCR will see mostly .38 and .38+P, gotta be able to hit and follow up if necessary what your pointing at even at close range......I'm happy with my choice--no questions there...

WheelGunMan

Bearcat
I chose the .357 because it offered the heavier S/S frame so it will take a little more punishment and everything else I have is .357. I use it as my EDC. I currently load it with ARX ammo in .38SP...and soon to be ARX in .357.

redhawker

Buckeye
I've got the .327. Mainly I liked the idea of the extra round and the .327 mag is no lightweight as far as ballistics too. Also, for practice I can use .32 H&R or even .32 S&W Long.