LCR with Copper Cylinder???? Any Experience?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
Do you have one of the Ruger LCR's with the copper cylinder? I'm not suggesting the cylinder is composed of copper. Just curious if anyone has any experience with the "Copper" finish as it relates to wear and functionality.

If so, what's your thoughts about it?
Does it hold up well?
Any issues?

Please let me know.

Thank you!!!

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
Thanks everyone so far for your replies. To clarify, I am just referencing the "Copper" cylinder association on the LCR revolver. I'm not suggesting the cylinder is composed of copper. Just curious if anyone has any experience with the "Copper" finish as it relates to wear and functionality. Hope this helps.

Rob72

Bearcat
It looks to be TiNitride. If so, you'll probably be long gone before the finish wears through, unless you use your revolver as a boat anchor or belay-point. :)

1SG Ret

Bearcat
I have one with the copper cylinder, but haven't owned it long enough to evaluate the durability. I didn't buy it for looks though, but because it was $60 cheaper than the others. I also own an LCRx 3" and I'm very happy with the product line.

Clarkston_cz

Single-Sixer
I was able to play around with a 3 inch LCRx, but didn't like the sights that much.

Seemed way taller than the rather low profile fixed sights on LCRs that I've owned in the
past.

Since I've always admired the copper cylinder (colored) LCRs.

I was surprised to see a LCRx:

Ruger LCRx Black / Copper Cylinder .38 SPL 1.87-inch 5Rd Double Action Hogue Grips

No idea if I could pull the trigger on one, but they sure are nice looking...
and I could always shoot it single action until the trigger lightens up from
use.

I'm currently trying to improve or actually regain some strength in my hands.
The diagnosed/tested CTS comes from too much time on the computer

lgriff1968

Bearcat
1SG Ret said:
I have one with the copper cylinder, but haven't owned it long enough to evaluate the durability. I didn't buy it for looks though, but because it was $60 cheaper than the others. I also own an LCRx 3" and I'm very happy with the product line.

Just ordered one, $339 shipped! Damned good deal.