Old Model Single Six 22 Magnum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

This is all very interesting, Thanks to all for the info.

The serial number is 3300xx

I paid just a shade over $500. To me it felt fair, and I just didn't know when I'd see one for sale again.

The Single-six marked frames that were .22 Mag only are very rare and a factory letter is a must.

Street: Do you mean this gun or are you talking about another single six? Should I request a letter anyway on this gun? I know they're $10.

Nope. Yours is the "everyday" magnum Single-Six per the markings on the frame.

Mr. Street is referring to the magnum-only rarities marked "Ruger .22 Cal. Single-Six".

That said, a letter is always nice.

:)

street

Hunter
Kevin said:
The Single-six marked frames that were .22 Mag only are very rare and a factory letter is a must.

Street: Do you mean this gun or are you talking about another single six? Should I request a letter anyway on this gun? I know they're $10.
As Ale-8(1) stated yours is a framed marked Mag gun. The one that I am talking about is one that is marked Single-Six .22LR on the frame and shipped as a single cylinder Mag. only gun. One thing about your gun It has the Ruger bird stamped on the barrel and most so marked are convertibles. Anyone that is serious about collecting Ruger Single-Sixes would love to find a Mag marked single cylinder gun with the Eagle on the barrel. Yours is a great find, and a very hard gun to find. Any Old Model 6 1/2 in bl. box would work for your gun as they didn't change through out the Old Models. The box will have RSSM 6 1/2 in. bl. marked on it. The paperwork will be dated 1959.

gtxmonte

Buckeye
After reading this thread this morning, I thought that's pretty cool, wouldn't mind having one of those. Headed to town to pick up my girl for a day out. Was a little early, so I stopped by the gun show at the fairgrounds this weekend. Always a small show, same guys, same overpriced stuff, but stopped anyway. First row, 3rd table, mag RF marked 3 screw Single Six with the eagle on the barrel. A twin to the one shown here and in easily as good of shape. It followed me home for $400 cash. Serial is 328xxx

Cool. Not too many of that serial number range, and perhaps 5000 or so were convertibles, having the "extra" .22LR cylinder added. A "letter" would be a good idea.

:shock: :mrgreen: :shock:

Very nice. Mine is not in near as good shape as that, it's lost most of the bluing on the barrel. I prefer to think of it as having a nice patina.