New Guy Here

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rebel

Bearcat
Howdy all. New here and just wanted to say hi. I just came in to ownership of a brand new Super Blackhawk Bisley Lipsey 3.75" .44 mag, and i am looking for someone that makes a cross draw retention holster for them. Anyone know of someone. A few years back i bought a holster from a fella who was referred to someone i think on this form, but can not remember who he was. He did good work and was reasonable on his price. Anyone have a suggestion? Any help appreciated.

hittman

Staff member
Welcome to the forum .... to both of you!

Yeah, Simply Rugged is always a good choice in my book. Excellent quality, economically priced, quick delivery.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I have the same SBH as yours in both plow handle and Bisley versions. They are great packing guns. Enjoy.
I was making up cross draw holsters for them a couple years back. Maybe it was one of mine. Do you have a picture? I may make up a couple in the spring if I get the time. To me leather work is a hobby , among many others, I do it when I get the urge to. Qualityleather has doubled in price since a couple years ago. I bought a piece of hi grade 8 oz. justbefore christmas to make myself a couple Holsters for CAS. A 24" x 40" piece was $140 with my discount. To make a holster for less than about $75 is like doing it for free labor today ,so it has to be a hobby for me.

Rebel

Bearcat
Don't have a pic of the holster, i let it go with the Vaquero i sold. But i am pretty sure it wasn't one of yours. But i would be interested in seeing one of the ones you make.

Chuck 100 yd said:
Pistolero said:
Chuck 100 yd said:
I tried guys but photobucket wont let me log on.
I can email that photo though if someone wants to post it.
Chuck 100 yd,
I sent you a PM with my email address. I will be happy to post your photos.

Regards,

Did you get my reply with photo?
I haven't received it.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Thanks Pistolero for posting. I mainly wanted to show my idea of a good "using" holster. Meant to carry out of the way,secure and protective of your valuable gun.
As you can see,the same pattern works well with both the BH,SBH and mid frame DA
( GP 100, Security Six in photo). This pattern is my design and anyone that wants to make them ,I will gladly share. Send me your address and I will mail you a paper pattern. My latest version has more of the trigger covered by changing that line to a much more gentle curve.
I also have this pattern ,slightly modified ,to fit the 1911 and CMD.
I cut them out on my Delta 14" bandsaw with a 1/8" scroll saw blade. The last time I used my saw,I broke the lower blade guide mount. That part is no longer avalible.my saw is in like new condition otherwise but over 30 years old. I may have to fabricate some new parts to repair it when I get time.

I designed this cross draw holster for a friend who wanted a holster that could be worn while he had his back pack an rifle and not get in the way. He loves his.
I plan to do a few holsters in the spring when I hope to have other projects finished.

medicdave

Blackhawk
Check out cmeholsters.com. he made me this crossdraw for my talo shorty that's very similar to an Askins avenger design. Keeps it tucked in nice and tight.

Latest posts