SUPER BLACKHAWK value???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BBOB662

Bearcat
In the early '70's I ordered 2 Super Blackhawk revolvers (blue, 71/2" bbl) with consecutive serial numbers. Unfortunately, in my opinion, my order just missed the old style change over and I received the new models with the transfer bar. One has been shot less than 100 times, and the second not at all. Only blue wear is the cylinder stop rub line on the cylinders. Have the original boxes, paperwork, & even the plain brown cardboard outer protective box they were shipped in.
I'm going to sell the pair in a few months as I'm "getting own up there in age" so am in need of honest & fair pricing suggestions from members having experience with items such as these.
Many thanks.
[img]G:\DCIM\101KC330[/img]

FOLLOW-UP:

OKAY, finally got some photos taken. {How do I post them?} I got the boxes out and made a discovery. I only have one of the original factory boxes they came in, my brother "lost" the other. What I do have are two Ruger boxes they sent me when I contemplated sending two Blackhawk .357 Magnums back but never did.
I'll try posting these photos. Any suggestions on pricing will be appreciated.
Anyone needing more info can pm me.
THANKS.

Jason280_2

Single-Sixer
SBH prices seem to keep going up, especially models without the "Warning" billboard on the barrel. Assuming they are in the condition you state, I see no reason they won't bring $500+ each with the boxes....possibly more.

medicdave

Blackhawk
Early new models are quite slick. Point of reference was this one for about $400 delivered including shipping and transfer. It's a mid '74 recessed cylinder and no warning label on the barrel with a nice high polish blue. Obvious turn line and a bit of muzzle and erh wear. New in the box or as new should put you significantly higher price wise.

As purchased

On its way to becoming a 5.5" Bisley. You can see the difference in the bluing of the main frame and barrel and the later 80's Bisley grip frame blueing.

dpayne

Bearcat
I have that exact same gun as in the top picture complete with turn line. It was actually my first handgun, bought it in 1980. I have found a new love for revolvers and plan on shooting it more with some .44 specials.