Bisley .480 4 5/8" ---- WHEN?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

toroflow

Single-Sixer
Forgive me if I haven't paid attention, but does anyone know when the Ruger/Lipseys Blackhawk Bisley in .480 with the short 4 5/8" barrel is supposed to be available? Thank you.

dad45

Single-Sixer
toroflow said:
Forgive me if I haven't paid attention, but does anyone know when the Ruger/Lipseys Blackhawk Bisley in .480 with the short 4 5/8" barrel is supposed to be available? Thank you.

I also am waiting, I did email them last week and received a response stating hopefully will be shipping in March or April.

dad45

Single-Sixer
Still paitiently waiting..............
Has anyone heard anything??????

MaxP

Buckeye
Bear Paw Jack said:
I'm thinking 30-60 days from now. What say you Max??? How has the testing gone?

Not yet guys. I think it will be a while before they become available for testing.

tom black

Blackhawk
There's a 6.5 at my local shop for 734 IIRC. Also a 454 for 714. Been laying there since they came out.
Tom
Western KY

R-71

Bearcat
Any word on these yet? Wish they wou have put these out first!

dad45

Single-Sixer
I emailed lipseys on this last week just simply asked is this going to happen or not and the response was to be patient but did not include any time frame.

I'm guessing but Ruger is probly still having issues they can't work out, the one thing I don't like about this industry is announcing new things before they actually exist, Lipseys was probably a little early putting this on the website.

If this doesn't happen in the very near future I'm most likely going to turn my attention and funds toward another caliber of interest
Yes I'm not all that patient!! Especially when told by someone who I assume wants my money "to be patient"
Dad45

MaxP

Buckeye
dad45 said:
I'm guessing but Ruger is probly still having issues they can't work out, the one thing I don't like about this industry is announcing new things before they actually exist, Lipseys was probably a little early putting this on the website.

No, they simply haven't gotten around to it yet. Patience....

contender

Ruger Guru
To go a bit further on Max's info.
Many of the guns Ruger builds are NOT on a "dedicated" assembly line. They make XYZ amount of one gun,,, then re-set the manufacturing line to a different model. They may tell a distributor (like Lipsey's) that they can build a certain model,,, BUT,,,,,,, that distributor has to wait until Ruger re-sets the line & builds them.

R-71

Bearcat
mohavesam said:
Not when, but WHY??? ;-)

Well for me I like the 4 5/8 in better for carrying around and I already have a holster for my other Blackhawks in this barrel length.

I have a 6.5 inch and will probably have it cut if these don't happen.

I wish they were blued as well! LOL

MaxP

Buckeye
Just got this in a couple of hours ago.....

Haven't shot it yet but am looking forward to doing so!

IMG_9140.jpg

dad45

Single-Sixer
MaxP said:
Just got this in a couple of hours ago.....

Haven't shot it yet but am looking forward to doing so!

IMG_9140.jpg

Darn nice to see,hopefully I get lucky and my guy can get one!!!!

Awaiting your report
Thanks for posting

G2

Hunter
Max, Love the picture,,,

QUESTION IS, Do the guys at your Black Plastic Gun "Shop" do as mine does ... "

Here comes that old fashion single action guy.

Last month they looked at me and asked, Why would you want a single shot 44? (No.1) :roll:

MaxP

Buckeye
G2 said:
Max, Love the picture,,,

QUESTION IS, Do the guys at your Black Plastic Gun "Shop" do as mine does ... "

Here comes that old fashion single action guy.

Last month they looked at me and asked, Why would you want a single shot 44? (No.1) :roll:

They just kind of treat me like the freak who kills big game with piddly handguns. I think they believe I'm a bit toxic. :mrgreen:

The manager of the shop is actually a good guy that marvels at the heavy artillery that regularly shows up for me. It's kind of comical!

Latest posts