Bisley .480 4 5/8" ---- WHEN?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dad45

Single-Sixer
Max I looked at the stock photo on lipseys website and the front sight on the photo appears to be taller than on your example it will be interesting to see if they have changed on these first 100 out ?

dad45

Single-Sixer
No change, sight looks the same I will have to see if it's an issue when I get er out
As for the rest it looks good will have to do some measuring and slugging I hope it shoots as well as my 6.5" can't wait

ceadermtnboy

Blackhawk
I ordered one today! Not the best time financially, but this is the one configuration from Ruger I have lusted after. Thank you Ruger!

MaxP

Buckeye
dad45 said:
No change, sight looks the same I will have to see if it's an issue when I get er out
As for the rest it looks good will have to do some measuring and slugging I hope it shoots as well as my 6.5" can't wait

If you plan on shooting heavy bullets, you will need to stick a taller sight in it. Do yourself a favor and shoot it first -- and then slug it and take measurements. Dad45, this is not an indictment, but go shoot it first!

dad45

Single-Sixer
MaxP said:
dad45 said:

If you plan on shooting heavy bullets, you will need to stick a taller sight in it. Do yourself a favor and shoot it first -- and then slug it and take measurements. Dad45, this is not an indictment, but go shoot it first!

My plan exactly in fact I always run a few factory rounds first then move on from there.
Thanks for lookin out for your fellow enthusiasts

cas6969

Buckeye
For 15 years or so I said I'd buy one if they ever made one. But the longer barrel turned me off, so that was a good enough excuse. This one is trouble though.

foxtrapper

Blackhawk
cas said:
For 15 years or so I said I'd buy one if they ever made one. But the longer barrel turned me off, so that was a good enough excuse. This one is trouble though.
What's another couple of lawns! Lol

HW11

Single-Sixer
I picked mine up yesterday morning while I was at work. The fit and finish on the gun are good. Even the grip panels are fitted better than several of the last Rugers I have gotten. I only had time to shoot it a few times when I got home but must say I'm very pleased. The ammo that was available was the Hornady 325 gr. To me that round did not seem to have as much snap in the recoil as my top end 44 mag loads. I really think I am going to like it. Now I need brass,dies and bullets.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Picked mine up today. Overall not too bad. Acceptable fit and finish for a factory gun. Warning parargraph is done rather sloppy but it is not seen so no big deal.Big issues with the grips. Fit is horrible. Darn near an 1/8" shy of meeting the rear surface of the backstrap. No matter what I try I cannot get the wiggle out of them either. Seems like the locator hole is way oversized and the locator pin is not stopping the bottom of the grip from moving. Will be getting in touch with ruger over this. Don't expect perfection but I should not be able to see the raw unpolished casting of the grip frame. The grip should sure as hell not be moving around on any handgun especially a heavy recoiling gun such as this. On a very positive note the action is extremely smooth and the trigger is excellent.

dad45

Single-Sixer
mike7mm08 said:
Picked mine up today. Overall not too bad. Acceptable fit and finish for a factory gun. Warning parargraph is done rather sloppy but it is not seen so no big deal.Big issues with the grips. Fit is horrible. Darn near an 1/8" shy of meeting the rear surface of the backstrap. No matter what I try I cannot get the wiggle out of them either. Seems like the locator hole is way oversized and the locator pin is not stopping the bottom of the grip from moving. Will be getting in touch with ruger over this. Don't expect perfection but I should not be able to see the raw unpolished casting of the grip frame. The grip should sure as hell not be moving around on any handgun especially a heavy recoiling gun such as this. On a very positive note the action is extremely smooth and the trigger is excellent.
Sorry to hear about the grips, mine came with the best fitting grips I've seen from the factory in a long time.
I think if they are loose they will always be trouble givin the violence of firing big bore rounds
Maybe a call to Ruger is in order
Good luck and happy shooting