Advice on Value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

spanky509

Bearcat
FBI Anniversary Model Security-six, SS, 6IN BBL, never-fired. FBI markings on top of frame and grip area. Not marked as "Service-Six" , has only Ruger marked on the bbl. Has the original red and yellow box and the wood and glass presentation case. All in the original shipper box that went to Kiesler Police supply and ammo co in Clarksville,In. The Wood presentation box was made byAmerican Display Co. in Providence RI. Golden Anniversary 1935 -1985. 161-25868. thanks in advance.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Sounds like a high value dust collector to me. If it were mine, it would only get shot on days that end in Y.
That said, it would ,to me,be valued the same as a GP 100 in the same condition.
Let the flames begin !!!

hittman

Staff member
Commemoratives, at least in my experience, do not bring big money or even a substantial premium.

Once they're fired or even a portion of the "package" is missing ..... they're a "shooter grade".

If this was something I lusted after ...... I might throw $500.00 at it. But ..... I'm not a big fan of commemoratives / special edition / limited edition / anniversary model, etc.

Tip

Single-Sixer
Chuck 100 yd said:
Sounds like a high value dust collector to me. If it were mine, it would only get shot on days that end in Y.
That said, it would ,to me,be valued the same as a GP 100 in the same condition.
Let the flames begin !!!

+1

Lmao! :lol:
(No disrespect to the OP. It's certainly a valid question.)

contender

Ruger Guru
Usually when guns like this are done,,,unless the model configuration is different then regular production guns,,, (say a barrel length difference,) the value isn't too much different. UNLESS,,, there is a collector of such things,,, OR a person related to that special unit.

I collect the Six series guns and I have to agree with the above comments. Unless I was specifically collecting commemorative police guns, IMO, they don't command any extra value (for me). I would put the value at $500-$600 as a shooter (based on what Six series guns are selling for on Gunbroker - which can be misleading but that is a whole other conversation) or up to $750-$800 for someone who is a collector of police commemorative guns (and this would be if everything that originally came with the gun was included).

Latest posts