Long Shot...Searching for Specific S/N Security Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I know it's a needle in a haystack, but...

In 1974, I bought a Fixed Sight Security Six. I sold it to a friend some years later, and it was subsequently stolen. When he reported it, he did not know the s/n, so there was no further follow up by the police.

If this revolver ended up in somebody's collection, I'd sure like to buy it.

s/n 150-74727 S

Thanks.

WAYNO.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
WAYNO said:

In 1974, I bought a Fixed Sight Security Six. I sold it to a friend some years later, and it was subsequently stolen. When he reported it, he did not know the s/n, so there was no further follow up by the police.

s/n 150-74727 S

Thanks.

WAYNO.

Wow! an "S" gun to boot,,,, :shock:
Good hunting.
Terry

T.A. WORKMAN said:
WAYNO said:

s/n 150-74727 S

Thanks.

WAYNO.

Wow! an "S" gun to boot,,,, :shock:
Good hunting.
Terry

Yep, and a story. This was part of a batch of Security Sixes that were sent to gun writers for review. They were returned to Ruger, to be cleaned up and resold. A local gun store had a bunch of them. Of course in 1974, I knew nothing about a "S" gun. All I knew, was that it was discounted in price. :? I looked at the receipt today, and it was $108.

WAYNO.

AJGUNNER said:
So local inquiring minds are wondering which local gun store??? GI Joes or maybe Wigwam???

Andy and Bax. They actually had a newspaper ad for these Security Sixes.

For those not from here...Andy and Bax was a huge firearm importer and retailer. On any given day they had thousands of guns displayed. Many of them in barrels. They had every imaginable war surplus gun from around the world, and the ammo for the most obscure guns.

Now they only sell backpacking and kayaking supplies, and reproduction war-surplus clothing.

WAYNO.

Andy and Bax along with GI Joes were big deals back in the 60's for military surplus and firearms/ammo. In 1962 I bought a sporterized Krag for $42. Still have that rifle. Bought lots of other outdoor surplus stuff as well.

That would be a miracle to find that gun! Good luck!

Dave

chet15

Hawkeye
WAYNO said:

s/n 150-74727 S

Thanks.

WAYNO.

Probably an SDA-34? I show two "seconds" in my notes that are that model, and right around your serial number...150-74629S and 150-75332S.
Chet15

Latest posts