What a pleasure to shoot!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
Was out at my range couple days ago and brought along the Bisley Blackhawk .45 Colt loaded with some of my 250 gr. RNFP loads over 9.5 gr. of Unique.

With the ghost ring sight it was clang clang on the steel...step back more yards and same result.

A very comfortable shooter and many thanks to Bear Paw Jack for help acquiring this gun!
Now all I need is a good field type holster for it.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
I have thought of trying a ghost ring but can't remember who was selling them if anyone knows pm me thanks.

Mus408

Hunter
Don't know the maker of the sight as it came with the gun. But I like it!

What I do is center the front sight blade and target in the circle as in the top of the front sight
is resting in center of the ring.

Mus408

Hunter
Tioga County said:
One Ragged Hole?
http://www.warrencustomoutdoor.com/ohs-ruger.html maybe?

Yep that's it because the larger 9/32 came with it also. Might put that one on my BFR .45-70!

s4s4u

Hunter
If you pull the pin on that front sight as install a fiber optic you will really have a sweet sight picture. Round bead in a round hole, and cover the target. I love mine.

Mus408

Hunter
s4s4u said:
If you pull the pin on that front sight as install a fiber optic you will really have a sweet sight picture. Round bead in a round hole, and cover the target. I love mine.

Thanks..I just might do that! Right now I put a white paint dab on the top of sight ramp.

Tioga County

Bearcat
I bought a set for my Single Six a few years ago when I was teaching myself to shoot a handgun. They didn't do any magic, so I went back to my standard rear blade and continued working on shrinking my groups. Just pulled them back out because of this thread and put one on a Blackhawk. Didn't sight it in, just sort of centered the blade on the frame, and was able to drill the 8" steel both eyes open, unsupported at 45 yards every time. I'm not sure it is best for shooting tiny groups, but it is effective, quick to acquire a target and puts the rounds where you want them. It may have found a home on the Blackhawk.