RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Price check GP100 .357
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:12 am 
Bearcat

GP100 .357 stainless 4" barrel adjustable rear sight. Has the box but no manual or lock. Condition looks very good. He asking $475. What you think?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:31 am 
Hawkeye

righttoown wrote:
GP100 .357 stainless 4" barrel adjustable rear sight. Has the box but no manual or lock. Condition looks very good. He asking $475. What you think?

For me...Not a bad price, but not a great price. About a hundred $ +/- less than brand new. Not enough savings to make it a screaming deal. I know if I was trying to sell such a gun, used, at that price, it would not get a sniff. Guns are an extremely tough market right now, at least in my neck of the woods.

Here's just one example of the same gun, NEW, for less than a hundred bucks more. This, to me, is a much more screaming deal.

http://grabagun.com/ruger-gp100-357mag- ... as-ss.html

Last edited by WAYNO on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:06 am 

I agree with Wayno.
And yeah, the market is very soft right now.
Prices will vary some depending on which part of the country they're in.
I'd say today ...... $425.00.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:56 pm 
Hawkeye

righttoown wrote:

I think that is a price that someone would try that has no idea how soft (or weak) the market is right now. One would think it a good price, but I can tell you at a typical descent size gun show here, that probably wouldn't sell. If someone is coming in looking specifically for that gun, and has no idea what guns sell for it might sell. Look at pawn shops who are frequently higher than new prices. It wouldn't make me jump on it. In fact I saw one for $400 recently and didn't consider it very strongly. I think as Hittman said somewhere in the $400 - $425 range it might sell.

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:27 pm 
Single-Sixer

Here in mid-Michigan, $475 would be a reasonable asking price.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:59 pm 
Hunter

And around here you would get $350 to maybe $400, especially without the complete package.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:07 pm 
Single-Sixer

I agree with packinpreacher , $475 is not a bad price if condition is very good, I paid about $650 for mine new.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:07 pm 
Bearcat

I would have to factor in whether or not it had the hogue grips or the Lett.
If it had the hogues, I would have to shell out some more coin to get some Altamonts for it to wear.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:18 pm 
Single-Sixer

I think that is an excellent price. The fall of Gander Mountain flushed thousands of firearms into the market at greatly reduced prices. Combined with people buying somewhat fewer firearms at the moment, it can be a good time to get what you want at a special price.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:28 am 
Single-Sixer

That would be a great price around here where they bring up to $550.
Our local Gander did move a lot of guns. However their 15% off still had the price above the competition.
People just can't resist going out of business sales. We used to have a furniture store that had an annual going out of business sale.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:03 am 
Hawkeye

righttoown wrote:

Having re-thought this whole thing, I thought I would add something. If you've been looking for a while for a nice GP100 4" and this is the first one you've found, then get it. Not like it's a horrible price as Wayno said. Some areas certain guns are more difficult to find than others. If it's tough to find a nice clean GP100 in your area, I certainly wouldn't let a few bucks keep me from buying what I have been wanting. I like a good deal as much as the next guy, but I decided a long time ago, if I find something that I've been looking for, I'm certainly not going to walk away for a few bucks. Done that too many times only to kick myself, for doing it.

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell