Alternative to Hogue for new model blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chiltech500

Bearcat
Howdy,

Trying to find a grip that makes the grip longer but not as thick as the Hogue grips.

Thanks in advance.

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
Rubber Hogues are slimmer than their wood models. Uncle Mike's makes a rubber grip similar to the Pachmayrs , but are slimmer. Some custom makers make extended grip panels; I think 41 Magnum does. You can find used Jay Scott and Mustang grips on ebay; no experience with them. Like BearBio recommended, Herrett's does as well.

planetcat

Single-Sixer
I have the pachmyers, but dont like them because they are not soft and I find them uncomfortable. They look good and might meet your needs though.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
'41 magnum' a member here makes extended Blackhawk grips. scroll down to the descriptions. :D

quote> New Model Extended Panels available @ $86.00 + $4.50 or $8.00 Shpg.
Extended length panels are available in any extra length you specify, up to 1" extra grip length. <end quote

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=239944

chiltech500

Bearcat
Thanks so much guys. I have smaller hands and the wooden hogues are like a brick. That said my shooting with them felt good as the 3rd finger groove was deep enough to have the upper part of my hand stabilize. In any event they are better than the walnut Hogue cowboy grips I had.

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
You should like the rubber Hogues then. They are similar in shape to their wood models, just thinner. As much as I hate to admit it, I shoot best with them. They're ugly to look at for sure, don't fit my hand perfectly, and I really prefer wood grips, but facts are facts. They help me soot better.