Any Redhawk 44 owners in Connecticut area ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mountainmann

Bearcat
I have a few S&W 357's, but now looking for a 44 for out in the woods. Interested if anybody around me has a Redhawk 44 magnum, either the 4" or even the new Kodiak version. And really love to put a few rounds down range if possible. Checked a few local ranges, and none had any 44's in anything .

Thanks

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
Not from Connecticut, but I have owned one of the newer 4.2" barrel .44 Magnum Redhawks for a little while now. I have enjoyed shooting it, seems very accurate. Here's a pic from my first outing:

The one change I made was replacing the rubber Hogue grips for a wood set, courtesy of Ruger Customer Service. The 4.2" barrel version comes with rubber grips, the 5.5" and longer Redhawks come with wooden (Rosewood?) grips. The rubber Hogues were too big for me, made it hard to get a proper two hand grip. Ruger sent me a wood set just for asking. I think I shoot more accurately with the wood grips.....

With it's companion rifle, a Ruger 77/44:

The holster I got was a Blackhawk tan leather "Hip Scabbard: This link shows a price of $74, I got mine for about $50 from Ecop.

http://www.blackhawk.com/Products/Holsters-Accessories/Holsters/Concealment/Leather/Leather-Hip-Scabbard-Holster.aspx

I hope you enjoy your future new Redhawk as much as I have.

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
YEP, just down the road to the west from you, Sir. Mine is an early model and shoots anything like ten million bucks. For some reason it also beats the stew outta my gunhand. NO idea why. Been through five sets of of stocks trying to alleviate the pain and swearing. I do love it so as I had to pay one hunnert bucks to it's previous owner as it beat the shiq outta his hand too. And it feels so damn GOOD until the hammer falls.
And so it goes...

Mus408

Hunter
Well if you are shooting a typical hot .44 Mag round you really need the Hogue Tamer type rubber grips
like what might come on the Alaskan. Yeah the wood looks better but does nothing to cushion the shock.

Mountainmann

Bearcat
Magnum force, id probably be a rubber grip guy, for the extra control. But I'm sure the wood conceils much easier.

hinkruger

Single-Sixer
Did you check Hoffmans in Newington? They have quite a few pistols for rent and offer a 10 for $10 if you want to get a feel for a gun. Also Delta Arsenal has a nice range from what I've heard.

I don't have a 44 Redhawk, just a 454 7.5".... its a cannon!!

Mountainmann

Bearcat
hinkruger said:
Did you check Hoffmans in Newington? They have quite a few pistols for rent and offer a 10 for $10 if you want to get a feel for a gun. Also Delta Arsenal has a nice range from what I've heard.

I don't have a 44 Redhawk, just a 454 7.5".... its a cannon!!

Hoffmans had a 44 few years back, haven't seen in a while. Ill have to check again, they switch range guns every year.

Ive shot at Delta, and they have more conventional pistols, and a bunch machine gun rentals.

454 sounds fun. I know a lot of people run the Hot 45 colts for a more controllable experience.