Original ROA Brass Grip Frame?????????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

turkeyhunter

Single-Sixer
I just bought a brass grip frame ROA and am wondering if anybody can tell me if it is original by the serial number 140-04854? I tried to talk to Ruger but it was useless. Thank you for any help.

hittman

Staff member
There's procedures posted on the Forum here somewhere to let you know how to get the information from Ruger. I think to get it in writing it's a whopping $10.00.

Kanook

Buckeye
Mine is 140-04068 and is factory brass.

Edit added, Just realized yours 800 different. I saw the 8 and thought 0

flattop44

Buckeye
Yes, it's factory installed per listing in John Dougan ' s great book "Ruger Pistols & Revolvers, the Vintage Years 1953-1973". Every Ruger lover needs on of John's books!! :)
FT44

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
turkeyhunter, There were 1479 Old Army's with brass grip frames listed in John's book, (Ruger Pistols & Revolvers). Yours is on the list. So is Kanook's. I remember seeing a corrected list but I don't know where it is. :mrgreen:

chet15

Hawkeye
OldRugerMan said:
turkeyhunter, There were 1479 Old Army's with brass grip frames listed in John's book, (Ruger Pistols & Revolvers). Yours is on the list. So is Kanook's. I remember seeing a corrected list but I don't know where it is. :mrgreen:

Hmmm...I'd like to see a copy of that corrected list if anybody has one. There were quite a few higher numbered BP7B's I believe that didn't make the list.
Chet15

turkeyhunter

Single-Sixer
Thanks everybody I have ordered one of John's books (Ruger's Pistols & Revolvers) off of fleabay, I appreciate everyone's help.

turkeyhunter

Single-Sixer
I received my copy of John Dougan ' s "Ruger Pistols & Revolvers, the Vintage Years 1953-1973" and all I can say is that's the best 60.00 I ever spent. I found four brass grip frame ROA's on the internet that were "Supposed" to be authentic but in fact none of them were brass grip frames when they left the factory...........A VERY valuable tool and I am glad I bought it and thanks to flattop44 who inspired me to buy it. turkeyhunter