Ruger needs to do another run of 45 Colt Blackhawk hunters!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

308w

Bearcat
I need a 45 blackhawk hunter, is there any chance Ruger will do another run anytime soon??????

G2

Hunter
Answer based upon how long it has been since the last run and clean-up run, NO... :shock:

Prices of these has now gone over 1k when one shows up for sale. There are ~ 1000 guns produced in Hunter & Bisley Hunter combined, they do show up from time to time on GB and here, pull the trigger when you get the opportunity.

Good Luck

Snyd

Single-Sixer
823 PlowHandles http://www.lipseysguns.com/post/Ruger-Super-Blackhawk-Hunter-45-Colt.aspx
419 Bisleys Including cleanup guns http://www.lipseysguns.com/post/Ruger-Super-Blackhawk-Hunter-Bisley-45-Colt.aspx

I have one of the first run Bisleys which was 278. It's a shooter and a keeper. Mines not a safe queen. I shoot it a lot and have packed it as my primary weapon on several hunts. Good luck in your quest!

BisHunter%200866-cert_zpsp4hiqkpi.jpg

BisHunter_food_zps4236e96e.jpg

file_zps46dacf3f.jpg

flexjr

Bearcat
i have one of each, hunter and bisley hunter in 45 colt. neither is going anywhere. it is even more better with a 45 acp cylinder.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Bought one of the standard ones when they first came out (wished I gotten the Bisley one). Has a whole 12 shots through it. :oops:

308w

Bearcat
BlkHawk73 out of the goodness of my heart I'll take that standard off of you while you search for a bisley!!!!!

32magfan

Blackhawk
I found a 45 Bisley Hunter several years back used in a shop in East TN. Got it OTD for less than $600 IIRC. Didn't know they made any 45's. Bought the 44 Bisley Hunter the next year, again used with a scope for under $650. I bought the 41 Bisley Hunter to "round out the Trio" about three to four years ago when Davidson's first did them.

I would love a .357 Bisley Hunter (Heck, I seem to love everything that comes out lately :roll: ) It would be neat to see a Single Seven in a Hunter with 7.5" bbl (or longer - 10.5"???)also.

Mine is a keeper. Never thought I would scope a handgun but this one changed my thinking. The range I frequent HAD a 110 yard gong 12" round. The 45 and 44's would ring it every time if I did my part.

I can't remember seeing one but you might call Franklin Gun Shop here in TN - they have quite a few rare Rugers but they aint cheap.

Good luck with your quest to find one.

32Magfan

375hh1973

Single-Sixer
I never knew they existed til I was looking for one in .41 mag. Went to a gun shop and saw the .44 and the gun next to that one had the tag flipped over. I figured it was a .41. So I stood in line and the clerk finally helped me said it was a .45 colt. I said not interested, went home and checked it out. Found out how many were made. Went back that day and bought it. $619.99. Added a Nikon 2x and a set of Hogue rubber finger groove grips that actually fit my hand and wow, what a shooter. It loves Buffalo Bore 260gr at 1450. Fun to shoot deer with and see them go down.

Igor

Single-Sixer
I have one of the Bisley Hunter .45 Colts, purchased from a member here a number of years ago.

HPIM1153-1.jpg

How does one ascertain whether or not it is one of the "first run" guns? It does have the box with the label
and all of the paperwork.

That Lipsey Certificate of Authenticity is pretty cool. Was that originally included with each gun?

Neezer

Bearcat
I too would love to see a 357 bisley hunter. I a little suprised we haven't seen that yet. It seems like a bit of a no brainer based on all the calibers they have already made it in. Also think 327 would work

Prescut

Single-Sixer
second post on the hunter in a week. someone is really lusting after one.

lfpiii

Blackhawk
308w said:
I need a 45 blackhawk hunter, is there any chance Ruger will do another run anytime soon??????

Why don't you just go to Buds Gun Shop and buy one? They have them in stock.

Snyd

Single-Sixer
lfpiii said:
308w said:

Why don't you just go to Buds Gun Shop and buy one? They have them in stock.

I think your are mistaken. Here is Buds link. "out of stock" the 45 Colt Hunters have not been produced for a number of years. 44 mags are a dime a dozen

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411553043/RUGER+SUPER+BLACKHAWK+HUNTER+45LC+7.5++RNGS+BLK+LAM+GRP

The 45 Colts were commissioned as a special run by Lipseys.

http://www.lipseysguns.com/post/Ruger-Super-Blackhawk-Hunter-45-Colt.aspx

THREEDFLYER

Bearcat
There is a Blackhawk 3-screw .45 colt with 4-5/8" barrel listed on Gunbroker right now!!! Looks to be unfired and has not been modified.