Redhawk .357 Rear Sight Blade

Help Support Ruger Forum:

357Gig

Bearcat
I bought a replacement rear sight assembly (http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/sights/rear-sights/sight-assembly-complete-rear-w-bump-prod12177.aspx?avs|Make_3=Ruger&avs|Manufacturer_1=ruger) for the older Redhawk .357. The rear sight blade on it seems the same height as those on the GP100. However, photos of Redhawks online appear to indicate that the blade used is the higher piece (http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/sights/rear-sights/sight-blade-rear-high-white-outline-prod12246.aspx?avs|Make_3=Ruger&avs|Manufacturer_1=ruger).

I have not fired the gun and won't in quite a while, but am trying to have it fully ready in the meantime. Therefore I would like to know if this model uses the lower blade like the GP100 or the higher blade as suggested in Redhawk photos. Kind thanks in advance.

357Gig

Bearcat
Nobody has both a GP100 and a Redhawk to compare the heights of the rear sight blades? It probably doesn't even matter the chambering of the Redhawk...

contender

Ruger Guru
I have both guns,,, but I haven't removed the rear blades to measure the height. I'd suggest you shoot yours & then determine if you need a different sight blade. Not trying to be a smart alek,,, just an observation on the easiest way to decide if you need anything.

NikA

Buckeye
I don't have two guns that I would guarantee have the same sight setup as stock on your .357 RH and GP-100. However, on the Bowen sight site (ha!), he divides the sight heights into two sizes: .350 (standard, on RH, BH, SS, some SRH) and .385 (tall, on GP, .44M SRH, Hunter models). Read for yourself here: http://parts.bowenclassicarms.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

Based on this, I'd say whatever came with the base from Brownells is consistent with current RH production. Whether that's the same as the old .357 RH production, only someone with one of those pieces would be able to tell you.

Ron IL

Bearcat
I have a new this past summer GP100 and a new this past Christmas RH 45ACP/45. I measured the sight blade in both and seemed to be the same size. The GP sight was raised up quite a bit and the RH was not raised at all. The RH front sight is taller than the GP.

357Gig

Bearcat
Thanks y'all for the info. Since I already went to the trouble of painting the outline white and plan on using 180 grain ammo, I will probably stick with the current standard height blade unless range testing suggests I need the higher one. :)

Varminterror

Blackhawk
Both the GP100 and the Redhawk's use the same H07203 rear sight blade. The H07203A-DA is the white line deep square notch commonly on the Redhawk's and super Redhawk's, the H07203-DA (no A at end of prefix) is the same sight with no white in the notch outline, which is common in many GP100's. All of them are the same dimension.

These same blades are all the same for Blackhawks, super Blackhawks, Gp100's, Redhawk's, super Redhawk's, Mark II/III/IV pistols, etc. I don't recall about the adjustable sight SP100, seems like it is a different part, but I'd have to get it out to recall, and this flu is precluding that effort today.

The H07201 V-notch rear sight blade comes in two heights, high and low, and such is the only designation for them - high or low.

Ruger%20Rear%20Sight%20Blades%20H07201%20High%20amp%20Low%20for%20Redhawks_zpsbns1w3pj.jpg

Latest posts