Redhawk front sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ron IL

Bearcat
I have a Redhawk 4 inch 45 ACP/ 45 Colt. It has a red insert front sight that I can't see. I took my Hi Viz sight off of my GP100 and put it on there. It seemed to fit fine to me. When I try to find a sight for my Redhawk it always ends with won't fit a 4 inch Redhawk. It is the push button sight. The GP100 sight does not say it will fit the Redhawk. Are they actually different? Is it the height? I sent an email to Ruger a week ago with no reply. If nobody knows I will just order a new GP100 sight and use it. I don't have my caliper with me so I can't measure them.

NikA

Buckeye
It is a different height post. That said, I used one of the non-interchangable Redhawk ones on my GP for years, so I suspect they're close enough unless you need all the sight adjustment.

Ron IL

Bearcat
Thanks for the info. I just ordered the front sight for a GP100. When I put the GP sight in my Redhawk the vertical adjustment was right at the bullseye without having to adjust anything. So there would be no use in ordering a Redhawk sight that I would have to adjust for. And while I was at it I ordered the wood panel grips for the GP too. I really like the wood grips that came on my Redhawk.

Latest posts