LCR 3-inch 357 Magnum?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Naphtali

Single-Sixer
I have not seen, carried, or shot an LCR 3-inch 357 Magnum. I know no one who owns any LCR. Has the LCR 3-inch 357 Magnum ever been available with an exposed hammer and windage-and- elevation adjustable sights?

What are the dimensions (height, cylinder width, length) of the LCR 3-inch 357 Magnum, regardless of any exposed hammer?

Those who have examined or carried a LCR 3-inch 357 Magnum - compare it with S&W 60 with 3-inch 357 Magnum and adjustable sights in terms of: routine self-defense shooting practice, including combat reloading; carrying comfort AND concealability, durability? . . . with fixed sight SP101 3-inch 357 Magnum?

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
My wife carries an LCRx all the time. I carry an Sp101. With a proper holster I personally don't notice the weight difference.
Neither of ours have a 3" barrel though.

I don't have a 357 but I have three LCR's in 38 and one in 22. I have a short barrel LCR 38, short barrel LCRx 38, and the 3" LCRx 38 with adjustable sights. The x models have the exposed hammer. I love how they feel and how they shoot. My EDC is the standard LCR 38. I carry my 3" LCRx in the woods.

I believe only the 38 is offered in 3" at this time.

Mus408

Hunter
Have had the LCR .357,not the 3 inch, for a couple years and like it for light carry. Shoots very well and doesn't beat your hand/wrist up when shooting .357 rounds.
Designed for close distance work as in point shooting,guns this size maybe including 3 inchers really don't need an adjustable rear sight.
Even in .357 not much weight at all carrying ISW. I carry it more often than my Glock 23!

sjs

Single-Sixer
Rumrunner said:
I don't have a 357 but I have three LCR's in 38 and one in 22. I have a short barrel LCR 38, short barrel LCRx 38, and the 3" LCRx 38 with adjustable sights. The x models have the exposed hammer. I love how they feel and how they shoot. My EDC is the standard LCR 38. I carry my 3" LCRx in the woods.

I believe only the 38 is offered in 3" at this time.

Hunter,

Do the two LCRx 38's have the same grips as the LCR38? If not, how does it differ?

The short barrel fixed sight LCRx comes with the same Hogue finger groove grip as the LCR 38. The 3" adjustable sight LCRx comes with the longer Hogue Tamer grip w/o grooves. I have since put one of the Tamer grips on my other LCRx.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Galaxiedan said:
My wife carries an LCRx all the time. I carry an Sp101. With a proper holster I personally don't notice the weight difference.
Neither of ours have a 3" barrel though.

Exactly! get a GOOD holster and that weight quickly becomes a non-issue.