Ugly Laminated Grips on Newer Rugers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
The laminates are good serviceable "using" grips and at a reasonable price. Most guys don't put high dollar custom grips on their bang around the ranch or truck gun.

Armybrat

Buckeye
Don't know, but I like these stags on my Colt...

54135d61489cd2591508bf2404eee8e0e27ed32.jpg

pka45

Bearcat
I like the laminates! In fact, if anyone has an extra pair sitting around, I could use a set for my New Vaquero. I'll even pay shipping ;)

Send me a PM.

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
Unfortunately in this day and age of plastic, cheap hardwood and laminates and bottom line corporate bean counters only worried about maximizing profits; this generation of shooters has no idea what an "honest" firearm of blued steel and walnut actually is...and that it can truly be a work of art.

Reminds me of a dialog from the movie the American President - though a different context:

"Mr. President, in the absence of genuine leadership, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand.

People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference."

The Preacher

pka45

Bearcat
Seriously. I am looking for a pair of laminated grips for my NV. Will somebody please sell me their take-offs?

For as much hate as they get, I can't find a used pair to buy. I'd also trade my black rubber grips toward some.

ditto1958

Blackhawk
With revolvers, grips are a very personal thing. It makes no sense for Ruger to put expensive ones on their revolvers when a high percentage of buyers will just be changing them five minutes after they get the gun home.

It's a bit like triggers on AR-15's. Most of them come with a cheap "military" trigger. The manufacturer knows many buyers want a better trigger, but which one? So, why put a $200 trigger in an AR when the buyer is going to put a different $200 trigger in it.

Poco Oso

Buckeye
gunzo said:
Some of 'em are pretty doggone ugly, I got a pair once that were flat, dull, pink. I buffed them & the color turned to the aforementioned burgundy & looked a lot better. But,they were an 1/8" shy of the grip frame though & wound up in a junk box anyway.
One vendor for laminates is Altimont, & they are capable of producing a very nice grip. But those don't seem to be the ones Ruger is ordering.

It's Altamont that makes Ruger's grips. It's still a hit or miss prospect as to what you'll get. I've seen some pretty fair fitting ones and some that don't even come close. My experience has been, that it's not so much the grips, as it is the inconsistency between Ruger's grip frames.

Latest posts