Saga of the Ruger "Pitted Stainless Steel Cylinder".

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jgt

Buckeye
In the future, contact Hamilton Bowen @ Bowen Custom Arms and see if he still sells cylinders for rechambering. At one time he sold them for projects like you have described.

Chev. William

Bearcat
cas said:
I don't see how this has anything to do with Ruger at this point. You didn't buy a gun from Ruger that came with a bad cylinder. Nor did you buy a Ruger revolver second hand with a part that went bad. You bought a cylinder of unknown provenance from someone on Ebay. I don't see how Ruger has any reason to do anything for you. Heck for all you know it could be something someone fished out of a scrap metal bin, thrown away for the very issue you're concerned with. If you have any recourse, it's with the Ebay seller, not Ruger.

Since it was 'Roll Marked" as RUGER, with the RUGER LOGO and caliber Markings consistent with other RUGER cylinders I own and Electric Pencil marked with what appeared to be a partial serial number, again consistent with Other RUGER cylinders, it seems it is NOT a "Scrap Barrel Salvage" item.

It Seems it went through the RUGER Manufacturing and Quality control Processes, was Fitted to some Revolver frame, possibly Test fired, Shipped out and eventually sold to a Retail buyer Who then decided they did not want the cylinder and posted it on Ebay from which I bought it.

Yes I bought it without a Through Prepurchse Inspection.

But Who Does A "Prepurchase Inspection" in an On-Line Auction Purchase?

I guess RUGER does not Mind having Defective Product out in Public now.
SAD.

Best Regards,
Chev. William

CraigC

Hawkeye
Ruger does not sell cylinders and no amount of complaining is going to change that. I'm sure that decision was derived after more than a few billable hours with the legal team.

PriseDeFer

Single-Sixer
Stopped by to see if there was a corrosion problem with Ruger stainless steel cylinders that could affect my Vaquero 45. That would be the one I bought that came with Ruger policy and way of doing things. Who would've thought?

Chev. William

Bearcat
Long ago I Got three More 6-Shot Stainless Steel Cylinders Via Ebay auctions.
I also got a Blued 6-shot Cylinder.

In addition I Got four 8-shot Blued cylinders to modify for my .25 Caliber Single Eight Revolver.
Chev. William

~JM~

Single-Sixer
E-Bay... The best place to sell an item that won't pass a face to face inspection.