internal lock question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cbnutt

Single-Sixer
I just ordered a new 45LC Blackhawk from Davidsons to be sent to my local shop next week, on the spec page they sent me said internal lock , I wonder if it actualy will have it ? my new 41Mag didn't ? if in the event it does , is that a problem buying after market grips ? Thanks , James : )

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I do not believe current Blackhawks have the infernal lock. My latest .44 Special Flat Top did not have that lock.

If your gun should happen to be so equipped either remove the lock and replace it with a regular mainspring, or notify your grip maker that it is in place. He can work around it.

Bob Wright

choirboy

Bearcat
If it has the standard aluminum grip frame it won't matter. The aluminum xr3 red frame is wider than the lock.

contender

Ruger Guru
Several years ago,, Ruger was put in the position of trying to comply with a few states that required a mechanical lock be a permanent part of a handgun. Well, they developed an infernal,,,,, eeerrr,,, internal lock at the base of the mainspring. You had to either remove the grip to lock it or unlock it, OR,,, or drill a hole in the side of one grip panel to use the key.
After a few years,,, they stopped putting the locks in the guns. The locks were only in SA handguns.

As to the OP,, I seriously doubt your new gun will have the infernal lock.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
contender said:
Several years ago,, Ruger was put in the position of trying to comply with a few states that required a mechanical lock be a permanent part of a handgun. Well, they developed an infernal,,,,, eeerrr,,, internal lock at the base of the mainspring. You had to either remove the grip to lock it or unlock it, OR,,, or drill a hole in the side of one grip panel to use the key.
After a few years,,, they stopped putting the locks in the guns. The locks were only in SA handguns.

As to the OP,, I seriously doubt your new gun will have the infernal lock.

Thanks. Never knew they had done such an abominable thing. This had to have come from the usual anti-gun States. :roll: