Nice Christmas present arrived!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
Thanks to a member here from way out West....

My Bisley Blackhawk Colt 45/ .45 ACP arrived this morning!

Interesting ghost ring sight!

Built October 2006 and in fine shape. Will get out to my range this weekend and see how it shoots!

tinman

Buckeye
WAYNO said:
That is great.

I have found the ACP rounds to be so versatile in these and similar revolvers, I don't know the last time I've fired .45 Colt. Truly pleasurable.

WAYNO.

Agreed, and it lets me "bond" with the gun for a lot less money. :)

Mus408

Hunter
I checked it out and the cylinder gap with both cylinders was .005-.006 and of course the cylinder throats a bit tight on the .45 Colt cyl. at .450. The ACP cylinder was .4515.

Will get out this weekend and see how it shoots and if need be open the Colt cylinder to .4525.

Now I have some Colt 45 loads with 315 gr. LFN loaded over 10 gr. of Unique and some 250 gr. XTP
bullets over 20 gr. of 2400. Will the gun handle these without issues?
Have plenty of 250 gr. bullets loaded with the Colt load of 8 gr. Unique too.
Oh and plenty of ACP rounds too!

RUFFBIRD

Blackhawk
Nice ruger in SS that fires 2 fantastic cartridges! Wish I had one like it.
Enjoy your new ruger, & thanks for showing it to us. :) It will make for a special Christmas too.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I have one just like it. I reamed the throats (both cylinders)on mine with the .4525"
reamer from Brownells. They are great shooters and easily handle any published load meant for revolvers. Try them and find out what loads it likes best.

Mus408

Hunter
Bear Paw Jack said:
It wouldn't surprise me if the original rear sight blade was in the box. Let us know how the ghost ring sight works. Looks like you are set to have some fun.

From handling it today my old eyes seem to like that ghost ring sight!
I will find out soon where to hold on the target. Yes the original was in the box.

contender

Ruger Guru
I have that identical model. I also have a few ghost ring type rear sight blades. I got mine from member sixshot.
Those guns are nice & once you get the load you prefer, and possibly ream the chambers,, they will SHOOT!

Mus408

Hunter
The Brownell's reamer kit is right expensive at 140 bucks,so I checked around town with a gunshop and a local gunsmith and none have it to do the job. Was hoping to have a local gunsmith do it so I wouldn't have to invest in the reamer.
Will see how it shoots.

single action

Single-Sixer
Have it love it, carry gun when if fish in Bear areas stoked with some heavy cast stuff....security, thanks Bob