327 rifles from Henry

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
While scanning new items at Sports South, I noticed that Henry has added .327 Rifles and carbines, as well as a .41 Magnum carbine to their line. They also show a single shot rifle in 223, 243, and 308 added to the list. I know this is not a Ruger product, but all of the folks with .327 & .41 revolvers may well be interested. I can't think of a better mate to a Single Seven than a Henri rifle. I grabbed up the first .41 Magnum Henri I could find and am well pleased with it. It shoots .41 Special loads, as well, with an extra round in the magazine. Of course, they are just listed, none available yet. I'm sure my Single Seven needs a long barreled buddy. Bob!! :D

djw54

Single-Sixer
Sheesh! I haven't even been able to pick up a 41 yet, but maybe that's good, As I'd prefer her carbine. Now I have to buy two!

Don Lovel

Hunter
two years ago I had a conversation with Henry company owner Anthony Imperato about chambering in 454 Casull for those of us who like shooting heavy 45 Colt ammo. I hope one day I will see that in the all weather model

32magfan

Blackhawk
I had to check out the OP's claim that these were on Sports South, not that I don't trust him but I couldn't believe my eyes. I have emailed the Henry President and gotten a "No plans at this time" response about 327 Federal rifles. I have chewed on folks at the last two NRA Annual Meetings at the Henry booths as well.

I have made my wishes known on this subject for some time and said I would buy not one but TWO of these if they were offered. I bought the 41Mag a few months back as I figured they would not be around that long. I may buy a matching set of all the calibers in the BIG BOY line. :shock: That will take a good while to do but I can get it done eventually.

Thanks to RangerBob - you made my day!!!

32Magfan

rangerbob

Buckeye
32Magfan, Lipsey's also has the 327's listed, but, of course, none in stock. Hopefully these will materialize sometime next year. When they do appear, I will post a thread here. This year, the .41 Magnum has been a non catalog item, so to speak. Now, it and the carbine version are catalog items. BTW, Sports South and Lipsey's have the .41 Magnum 20" in stock. Like I stated previously, the .41 Magnum I received is a fine example of workmanship. I did have to install a higher front sight to get the rifle to zero with my ammo. Of course, a scope would have negated that need. Bob! :mrgreen:

JCW64

Single-Sixer
I watched a 19 minute YouTube video on Henry's website with the president showing off some new offerings. I think he stated the single shot should be available in Feb. He also showed a 410 lever shotgun.

Ditmo

Single-Sixer
I bought the .41 mag Big Boy and emailed henry and thanked them for making it. Told them I would buy one in 327 if they made it. Got the reply of 1st Qtr 2017.

32magfan

Blackhawk
I have been looking at all I can on the Intermess about 327 rifles for a couple of days now. I went to a couple of shops in and around Murfressboro, TN today and took stock of mostly used guns. I bought some 327 ammo, American Eagle in 85gr and 100gr fifty round boxes. 2 out of 3 shops had it and 32H&R in at least two flavors each (so much for impossible to find ammo - it did cost $55 for 100 rounds, so not cheap).

Assuming these things (Henry 327's) actually ship next year so I can whoop out my plastic and buy them, besides shooting them, what will my next "unicorn" be?? I have so many odd ducks in my mess of an accumulation, I don't really know what to chase next. Maybe it will be more N frame, pre-lock Smiths or more wheel guns that require moon clips? Maybe I'll become a Henry collector and try to get one of every type and caliber? Maybe I will just quit and sell all my guns, wait what am I talking about??? That's Nuts!! Never sell them all, maybe some.

Sorry for the meandering thoughts. I waited on the 327 to gain traction again after 2008 - 2010 just about killed it. Ruger and Lipseys got it off life support (Thanks Jason!!) when Single Sevens appeared. Then the SP 4" came up and the LCR also which made perfect sense to me. Now we will have the companion rifle / carbine to go with 327 wheel guns!! Yay!!

I think I figured what I will "chase". More models of 327's. We need a LCR-x 3" and 4",. Flattop convertibles in 32-20 also, Match Champions in 327 and heck, while they are at it, 8 or 9 shot RedHawks sound good to me too. What do you others with Rugeritis of the "32 strain" say about it?? Some of the things we have today were just dreams two years ago, right??

Inquiring minds want to know...

32Magfan

rangerbob

Buckeye
32magfan, as one of my buddies often ask me when I go on a rant discussing what could be built, he asks if I have taken my medication for that day. Every thing you mention would be great and while we are at it, how about a Match Champion in .41 Special. My same buddy calls several of my one of a kind pieces unicorns, so you are on the right track. I'm taking delivery next week(Wednesday) of a BLR 81 in 325 WSM, probably the last one left in new inventory at distributors. I waited until they were marked down on closeout. MY other 2 BLR's are in 358 Win. and 450 Marlin, not necessarily unicorns, but scarce enough to be unusual. Along with the BLR, I've got a M70 Featherweight in 280 Remington coming to make up for the one I traded off when Winchester made the first batch. Again, not a unicorn, but scarce enough and a good match to my #1A in 280. So keep on buying and dreaming, you are not alone. I feel your pain! Bob :mrgreen:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
So far all I can find are "wish list" posts about a Lever action in 327FM. I called Henry and got a "no plans at present" reply.
Don't know where all the web comments are coming from - I guess people who do not call the makers?

The Marlin 32 Levergun (1894CB) was great because it was slim, light, and had the loading tube access, no port or opening on the side of the receiver ala the M39 to trap dirt and debris. That is important because these rifles will see field time!
I am getting really close to having a barrel & conversion done on a No. 3, but will wait until the SHOT Show to see if any makers wake up and market a 327FM hunting-quality long gun.

32magfan

Blackhawk
Henry says they do not announce or comment on new models until they are ready to ship (heard on one of their videos with company president & owner on YouTube). The new 327 Big Boy rifles are listed on Sports South's website (as original post stated truthfully). They are also listed on Lipsey's site so they are not apparitions, they will be coming out in 2017. The "wish list" stuff has been out there on the web, sure, but these are listings of actual models on real distributor's sites, not forum comments.

They may not be 6.5 lb. rifles but I personally do not care. I will buy them asap. If Marlin built one again I might buy one but I don't think they will anytime soon, if ever. I'll take one (or four!!!) :mrgreen: and say thanks to Henry.

32Magfan

frankenfab

Single-Sixer
https://www.lipseys.com/itemfinder.aspx?mfg=Henry+Repeating+Arms&family=Big+Boy+Series&type=Rifle&caliber=327+Federal+Magnum

rangerbob

Buckeye
Thanks for that support 32magfan, I don't make up stuff, just try to accurately report on items I was sure folks would be interested in. BTW, the dealer cost on the 327's is the same as the 357, 41, 44, and 45 Colt variations. Hopefully we'll get some reports from the SHOT show in January. I was perusing Sports South website before I made an order on Friday and noticed that they were out of stock on the AE 100gr ammo and low on the 85gr AE. The 327 is a reloader's dream, and can be reloaded cheaper that buying 22 magnums once one has the brass and Starline has plenty. AA#9 and 100 grain XTP's will take care of business. Bob !! 8)

DPris

Buckeye
The .327 is real.
So are the single-shots & the two .410 levers. :)
Denis

Big Old Boy

Hunter
Yep it's real I got an email today from Henry and yes there is a 327 in the works for 2017 may be late spring.

DPris

Buckeye
But- Henry doesn't do the SHOT Show, so they won't be displaying anything there.
Denis