Who here has a Stainless Bisley Blackhawk 41 Mag. 5.5 inch ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cbnutt

Single-Sixer
I know they were made a few years back , like to hear how yours shoots and your thoughts over all on it accuracy etc... Thanks : )

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
Here's my .41 I bought this year. Very accurate with my cast loads. The trigger was a little rough and I smoothed that out by stoning then followed the Pistol Smith's work on modifying the springs. I also picked up an OM .41 Mag and a 45 LC / 45 acp Bisley. All have been good guns. But the 41 Mag I'm beginning to love.

Bullets are from NOE mold (brass) 412-237-SWC (Keith) 220gr when in HP configuration with a good dose of H110.

cbnutt

Single-Sixer
Nice ! I recently got a New Model 41, 6.5 inch, but looking at the Bisleys , and remembering how well the recoil felt on a 357 Bisley I once had, iam considering it ! I really like the Blackhawk I have , but if I recall right that Bisley grip helps a lot on stronger loads .

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
Here's my Rugers I picked up this year. Kind of a habit I guess I still haven't had a chance to work good loads up for all of them.
The top one is the OM .41 Mag with the 4-5/8 barrel. It shoots as good or better than the Bisley's. The New Vaquero .45 LC holds it own with the others too! No trigger work needed on the OM or the Vaquero. Ill get around to playing with the other Bisley's trigger in the future Not bad as it is but a little smoother will not hurt it.

cbnutt

Single-Sixer
Thanks BH , those are sharp looking ! Any others here , iam guessing a few more forum members have that 41 in Bisley .

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Like nvbirdman, I can't say how mine shoots as it sits idle and unfired in it's home on he shelf along with it's brethren in .44, .45 and .357 chambering. :)

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
"Who here has a Stainless Bisley Blackhawk 41 Mag. 5.5 inch ?"
I wish I did, along with a horse and a ranch and a nice hip holster and something to shoot at. Hey Santa, are you listening? :D :D

41freak

Bearcat
I love mine, it is a great gun. Planning to do new grips and maybe some other things. Because of it I will be converting my 5.5" 44 to bisley as well.

USAFA71

Bearcat
Cbnutt
As a fan of the 41 magnum, your posting about a stainless 5-1/2" Bisley piqued my interest. I recently acquired a Super Blackhawk Hunter in 41 mag to go with my Marlin 1894 FG. After seeing your post, I made the mistake of checking GunBroker for Bisley 41 Magnums. Unfortunately, they had one for auction. As of 8:45pm, it is mine! The sad part is that they also had the same gun in 45 Colt/ 45 ACP convertible - which is also now mine! Needless to say, my gun budget is depleted! But I have a smile on my face!

If the 41 Bisley shoots as well as the Super Blackhawk Hunter, I will be very happy. Fortunately I recently acquired the Dillon dies and shell plates for both calibers for the Dillon press.

I think my semi-auto guns are going to spend a lot of time in the safe.

Now, if anyone has a suggestion for a good hunting holster for a 5-1/2" Bisley Ruger, I am looking for suggestions.

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
USAFA71

You want a shoulder rig or hip holster? Cross draw or strong side?

For tree stand hunting I really like a bandoleer style that holds the gun across my chest. I also like cross draw rigs when sitting. Both are easier to get to when seated.

There are a lot of options to choose from. If leather, Barranti Norhwest Huner or Northwest Mountain Companion are good choices.

The shoulder rig that Freedom Arms sells for a 6" model 83 fits a 5.5" Bisley very well and has served my needs for several years.

Oh....and i see you live in my home town! :)

Dan

chet15

Hawkeye
There has been a couple of small runs of these over the past few months....if you see one, better grab them up!
Chet15

cbnutt

Single-Sixer
Yes id been looking at that 41 you got from JCW , let us know how it shoots .

Arky

Single-Sixer
I have one from the first Accu-Sport run in 2003. I bought mine used but with box and papers. It is one of the best shooting handguns I own. I love the Bisley grip. I will have to say my S&W 57 with round grip frame shoots just as well.
I have never been smart enough to post pictures here,

single action

Single-Sixer
I have one never shot it, though the .45 Colt/ACP version is a great gun and shoots well, it too is one of the accupsport offerings of years back. Love the 5.5 inch once upon a time I had the .357 and the .44 narrowed it down to the two above. Bob

pulaski

Single-Sixer
I also have one that shoots great . Home cast 220g Keith style bullet pushed with 2400 .
Consistantly less than an inch at 25 yds. (off bags)
Dropped a nice deer with it this year at 47 yds.
Thanks , Steve

smith1961

Blackhawk
I want one sooooooo bad! Found one NIB that I can afford on layaway, but, it's the 45 LC version arrrgh!!!
What can one do? Been a .41 mag fan my whole life, yet only have an unfired Smith M-58 nickle and a Williams .41 Flattop (been shot a very little). Need more!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:shock: