Super Blackhawks in .454 and .480

Help Support Ruger Forum:

http://www.ruger.com/products/newModelSuperBlackhawkBisley/models.html

5-shot, stainless, Bisley configuration, from Lipsey's.

Also a cute little .44 "shorty".

Neat stuff.

:)

Enigma

Hunter
No worries, but all of those guns have been available for a whhile. If anyone wants to 'roll their own' .44 shorty, Hamilton Bowen sometimes advertises new takeoff parts from them on GunBroker.

Ale-8(1) said:
Hadn't noticed any mention of them. I don't pay that much attention to New Models.

If anyone wants this post deleted, it won't bother me in the least.
:roll:

Some people just think if a topic has EVER been covered it doesn't need to be covered again. I guess they don't realize new people still come here regularly. Doesn't hurt anything to talk about these kinds of things.

cleardatum

Single-Sixer
i have one in .454, and i love it, BUT, it's been back twice for re barreling. it is still terrible (see my related threads in this forum). if you get one, have that barrel checked by someone with a good borescope. mine will probably be going back... for a third time.

MaxP

Buckeye
win1894s said:
I know 454 can be a hand full but how is the 480 in a single action.

That just depends on how it is loaded. With heavy bullets it gives a good solid push. It's not as "snappy" (that's a technical term) as the .454, but it will let you know you've touched off something significant.

contender

Ruger Guru
I agree with Max. I own a 454 in a FA,,, and a pair of 480's. One is the SRH, and in that DA frame,,, very comfortable to shoot. The SBH Bisley, I've shot some factory Hornaday 325's, some Cor-Bon & mostly my 400 grn cast loads. The 454 all around has a more sudden, pronounced snappier recoil, where the 480 has more of a rolling push. Of course,,, different loads produce different amounts of the "feel."

P89DC

Single-Sixer
MaxP said:
"snappy" (that's a technical term) as the .454, but it will let you know you've touched off something significant.

"Snappy", the derivative of acceleration, in the aerospace world it's called the "jerk". It is a technical term.

(Background: The derivative of distance is velocity. The derivative of velocity is acceleration. The derivative of acceleration is jerk)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerk_(physics)

MaxP

Buckeye
P89DC said:
MaxP said:
"snappy" (that's a technical term) as the .454, but it will let you know you've touched off something significant.

"Snappy", the derivative of acceleration, in the aerospace world it's called the "jerk". It is a technical term.

(Background: The derivative of distance is velocity. The derivative of velocity is acceleration. The derivative of acceleration is jerk)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerk_(physics)

Are you calling me a jerk? :mrgreen: